Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

after xmas events.....wazzup????, bar runs..anything?

Pages: 1 30 replies

whats the buzz, tell me whats-a-happening?

Good question. I reckon that nothing has been put on the calendar yet. We must resume our bowling alley tour. I think a field trip to Mar Vista Lanes would be a good thing to do.

and its so damn close!,but if you dont bowl...how bout a purple orchid run before or after?

That sounds good to me.

Aaawright! This is it, I've had it with being broke and not being able to afford a party:

So EVVYBODY in the LA TC who can, c'mon by for a little GLUEHWEIN (glow wine) This Sunday the 29th, in the afternoon at 3:00 pm. My Tiki Museum should be entertainment alone, even without tons of food and booze. I will not make Mai Tais, but the German Christmas staple "Gluehwein", which is hot spiced red wine. That will be all I can offer,people can bring what they want otherwise. After that we can all go out to dinner at Daimons or so.
I knew I had to make up for my cancelled party earlier this year when I had to go to Germany, but I was hesitant because of funds. So here you go, impromptu, short notice, hope you can make it, here's the address:

Sven's Tiki Island
2300 Hidalgo Ave. , LA (Silverlake) 90039
Between the 5 and 2 freeways
be there or be square

Sven,
How gracious of you to open your home. Sounds like fun! I'll see you on Sunday.

My pleasure! As a postscript, why don't everybody bring their own Tiki mug so everyone can savour the hot wine from a ceramic vessel. I only have 15 handled coffemugs in my cupboard, and I'd hate to have to get styrofoam cups or plastic cups.
...they don't have to be skull mugs, though those go well with the color of the red wine, har har.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-12-26 13:31 ]

I heard that there was gonna be a PJ Party in someone's tiki bar this Saturday Night Dec 28th?
L.A. TC'ers willing to make the trek to the far north Valley in their pajamas give me a private shout-out if you didn't get the invite yet.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2002-12-26 16:57 ]

[ Edited by: futura girl on 2002-12-26 19:20 ]

Anyone going to Svens from down H.B. way?? Wanna play courier?? I have a heavy box for him. Don't worry, it's not ticking. I'm sure he will reward who ever brings it back to him.

You're gonna have to bring it yourself, Ben!
Damn', I thought I could lure you onto my mountain to talk about some bambooing with some hot toddy. Oh well.

mr and mrs boo could come and stay in their p-jays to our house - and then svens is conveniently on the way home the next day!

My son got the flu from Santa and it's starting to take over the rest of the house. At least we'll get it over for future events. Have fun y'all!! Ralphhhhhh!!!

boo hoo
bamboo's got the flu.

uh oh - now i've got baxdog-rhymitis

that means there's room for 2 more OC TC peeps to crash on saturday...

Bro,

I'm a coming down the my snowy mountain for the your tropical mountain shindig.

L
laney posted on Sat, Dec 28, 2002 8:23 PM

Anyone carpooling or interested in carpooling from O.C?

Laney,

I'd be interested in carpooling. It's 8:40 on Saturday night right now. I'll check board tomorrow around 12:00 am to check responses. If Al and Shelly can't pick my high-maintenance ass up tomorrow I'll drive otherwise.

L
laney posted on Sun, Dec 29, 2002 3:57 AM

Bong, I'm in Placentia. Send me a private e-mail Sun with info. Maybe you could drive here and I'll drive there or something... let me know at [email protected] Zazzzz

Hey Bong,
If you hook up with Laney (or anyone else, or yourself) to go up to Sven's can you stop by the store and pick up a box for him? We also have a sign for her. And, I'll find something for you too, so you won't feel left out!
Mahaloooooooos.

[ Edited by: Bamboo Ben on 2002-12-29 09:04 ]

L

Bong, If you can get the box here, I have a truck and can take it there. Then I don't have to drive to Ben's to get my sign. Yea!

Laney and BamBen,

Unfortunately, I've got to hang with my menehunes today. I'm sure you both understand. Raise a glass for me will you?

I'll be at Sam's Seafood for New Years Eve...!

:tiki:

TraderPup,

What time will you be there?

Traderpup wrote:
I'll be at Sam's Seafood for New Years Eve...!

I'll be there at the 5:00p.m. dinner show! Actually, it starts at 7:00p.m., but I'll be there at 5:00!

SugarCaddyDaddy

I'm having dinner with some friends at 7pm (not the show though), then I have to persuade them to stick around afterward for a little party time!

:tiki:

Mr. Tiki Bong,
Major Surf Party New Years Eve at Captain Jacks in Sunset Beach(where's that? sorry, one more jab! for 2 wheeler) from 9pm to 2am. Corky said that all the old schoolers' will be there. Thought you might be interested.

L
laney posted on Tue, Dec 31, 2002 8:56 AM

Oh man Captin jacks is my favorite restaurant! I'm going to have to have my birthday diner there (next week) Yummm!

BamBen,

Yeah, it's been a month or 2 since I've heard 'ol Corky croon at Duke's. I'll see if I can swing by Captain Jack's since all the old dogs will be there.

Man, I've had more than my fair share of f'd up hangovers from Jack's.

Corky is on "temp leave" from Dukes H.B. (and that really cool little tiki bar he plays behind) untill March, due to he is booked with lots of Corky Carroll Custom Surf Trips where the water is warm! Lucky dog!

Have a safe and insane New Year!

Sabu/Doc Z,
Did you guys the email I sent you regarding the South Bay Tiki Tour? Thoughts?

I just wanted to say that the PJ Party was a hoot. I had a blast!!!! Sabu and I are so glad we came. My friend in the Monkey PJ's (Shawnie a.k.a. Mystery Girl) wants to tell everyone she can't wait till I drag her to another event.

Pages: 1 30 replies