Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New York burlesque festival

Pages: 1 2 replies

I was wondering if anyone is attending any of the NYC burlesque festival which is this weekend (Sept. 2,3,4)? I am thinking of going on the Sunday boatride event, anyone else going to any of the shows? Fisherman is supposed to play at some point.

I

I will be attending the entire weekend (actual dates are Sept 1, 2,and 3rd). If you had to choose one event, I would select the Saturday evening gala at the Supper Club, as that is the main night for the weekend. From the photos I have seen, the Supper Club setting would be great for a big Burlesque show. The tickets may be pricier that evening, but it will be well worth it.

The Fisherman is playing on Saturday, as a member of the National Burlesque Orchestra, which will also include members of the New York City Blue Devils - I have heard them, and they are great.

http://www.thenewyorkburlesquefestival.com/

If anyone else is attending, and wishes to meet at Otto's Shrunken Head (or other location) for drinks, let me know.

Vern

My friend "Gypsy Charms" is going, she runs the The Academy of Striptease & Burlesque Scotlandso if anyone meets her you can freak her out calling her by her real name of "sara".

Pages: 1 2 replies