Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Homebrew Outdoor Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 7 replies

B
Bincho posted on Mon, Sep 4, 2006 8:07 PM

I just finished my Tiki bar project in the backyard- it weighs in at 400+lbs. and was quite a hump to get in the backyard. Made of entirely salvaged or clearance materials and stiched together over 3-4 weekend sessions...
I landed a free box of thatch on a production set-so I added that to the roof- helped on the direct sunlight factor... ;P
I ran an electrical extension to it for power and built a small canopy off the back- its nice and shady... I lucked into some Luau lites at a clearance store and made undercounter and perimeter lights around- helps for when you are looking for a bottle of pineapple juice in the night. The torches work well-I am hoping the thatch doesnt catch.
Looking forward to breaking it in soon....

Nice bar.
If you want to make it a tiki bar, you're going to need some tikis! I suggest one of the many talented carvers these forums have to offer.

B
Bincho posted on Mon, Sep 4, 2006 8:24 PM

Oh thats how I found this site-- I am working on the carving now that the carpentry is finished.... much to my wife's chagrin

I'd advise wiring the tiki torches and putting in flicker bulbs, nice to have power or outlet to the bar anyway.

S

What a fantastic view! I'm very jealous. My tiki bar looks out onto a parking lot and a fire-station.

T

Great start on the bar! Really good job considering you used salvaged materials. Man, but that view is killer!

B
Bincho posted on Tue, Sep 5, 2006 5:09 PM

Thanks All!- The bar IS wired- and personally, nothing satisfies like real fire ;P so I cannot forgo the lamp oil torches....
The house was a wreck, but it came with this awesome view (once the trees were groomed) which has provided me the raw materials to begin carving with...

[ Edited by: Bincho 2006-09-05 17:10 ]

T

wrong turn you could drown or take a drop ---tiki insurance !!!!

nice work !!!! nice view !!!

Pages: 1 7 replies