Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Cockspur's "Old Gold"

Pages: 1 8 replies

This is currently $9.99 at BevMo. Thoughts? I'm assuming that this rum is along the lines of Mt. Gay, since both are from Barbados. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always.

RB

I'm at work and don't have the books in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Beachbum Berry says to avoid Cockspur, in the opening sections about rum in "Grog Log" and "Intoxica."

Please correct if my recollection is wrong.

RR

Cockspur is good and expensive; Mount Gay is good and cheep.
– Jeff Berry

T

On 2006-09-06 07:44, Rum Balls wrote:
I'm at work and don't have the books in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Beachbum Berry says to avoid Cockspur, in the opening sections about rum in "Grog Log" and "Intoxica."

Please correct if my recollection is wrong.

I think that he said to avoid Rhum Negrita because it was harsh and candy-like, but I don't have the book with me now because I'm at work.

G

You people who access TC at work are a disgrace. And you keep distracting me with your posts because I'm trying to work here. C'mon 5 o'clock...

RR

On 2006-09-06 10:59, thejab wrote:

I think that he said to avoid Rhum Negrita because it was harsh and candy-like, but I don't have the book with me now because I'm at work.

You should bring it with you wherever you go. It's like American Express.

RB

Thanks for the correction on Cockspur and Rhum Negrita. I guess what I need to do is have copies of Grog Log and Intoxica here at work, too!

Cockspur is on sale at Bev Mor for 6.99 right now, they claim 15.99 is the normal price,I'm not sure how long this sale goes on. I also found Taylor falernum there.

The old gold is awesome. At $6.99 you really can't beat the price. This is just as good as Mt. Gay Eclipse at about the half the price. Get it while you can, because I'm sure it's going to be discontinued. On a related note BevMo is now selling Plymouth Gin at $10.99. That's 50% off~!

Pages: 1 8 replies