Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Squid's Tikis & Terrors 2 mug pix and sale info!

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

S
squid posted on Tue, Sep 5, 2006 10:44 PM

OK y'all. DarkTiki asked me to come up with something special for T&T2 group art show. Here they are and here's the poop.

LEFT:Brown glaze, 150 produced, $20.00 each.
CENTER:Brown glaze, hand-painted details, 10 produced, $30.00.
RIGHT: Super special emerald glaze with hand-painted detail, securely nailed into a wooden safari crate to keep your evil idol from terrorizing the rest of your collection. 50 produced, $45.00 each. (crowbar not included, please bring your own).

With each mug purchase you will receive a coupon for a special event drink discount!

The show is at The Bahooka in Rosemead, CA on Sept 16 @ 6:00 PM. There will be a separate line/checkout for mug purchases. Edition numbers cannot be reserved and crated versions will be sold totally at random as there is no number visible on the outside of crate. We thought this would be the fairest way to do it.

No pre-sales. One each per customer. Cash please. Credit cards will be accepted for art purchases.

Hope to see you there for some killer art from my ever-so-talented tiki comrades!!

Peace,
Squid

Oh yeah, the mug is approx. 7.5" tall, signed and numbered.

tikisandterrors.com

B

Dave, this is an Awesome Mug!

S
squid posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 11:00 AM

Wow! Kudos from the Doctor of Carvology! Thanks Ben!

They all look AWESOME. Looks like I will be heading down to the Bahooka early to assure one on these ends up on my shelf. Wahoo...

mg

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 2:16 PM

Looks cool. If I got the chance to buy one I would.

N

Yet another reason it sucks to be stuck on the east coast :(

somebody can get some nice mugs from me if they pick me up a couple!

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 5:09 PM

I love this one too, you're doing some beautiful work Squid. The guy in the crate reminds me of the movie "Creepshow"! How long have you been making this sort of stuff - did you start straight into mugs, or were you carving and sculpting in other media first?
I feel so isolated down here sometimes - you guys with your mugs and your exhibtions and your tiki festivals....:cry:

KTD & Paipo,

I was gonna have Bahooka ribs that night anyway...I'd be happy to pick you up a mug, if available?

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

S
squid posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 8:22 PM

On 2006-09-06 17:09, Paipo wrote:
I love this one too, you're doing some beautiful work Squid. The guy in the crate reminds me of the movie "Creepshow"! How long have you been making this sort of stuff - did you start straight into mugs, or were you carving and sculpting in other media first?
I feel so isolated down here sometimes - you guys with your mugs and your exhibtions and your tiki festivals....:cry:

Hey Paipo-
Thanks for the "attaboy". Before I started 3-D stunt-doubling for Shag and a major chunk of the Tiki Farm designers, I sculpted for a couple of ceramic mold companies (Color Me Mine kinda crapola) and a ceramics company called The Potting Shed http://harelooms.ieasysite.com/_ihnextras/bvc2/default.aspx?

Yes, I sculpted cute little Santas and bunnies and snowmen and oh so happy, frolicky things, oh my! And you thought Creepshow was scary!!! But we all gotta pay those bills, eh?

Don't feel isolated my friend. Holden and I hooked up via eBay to start Tiki Farm back in 2000 and I was in Kansas at the time! Where do you think the "Farm" part came from? :)

Squid

T

On 2006-09-06 15:13, nitropic wrote:
Yet another reason it sucks to be stuck on the east coast :(

It could be worse. You could be in the midwest.

P

OOhh cool.. I am going to be in so cal that weekend.. maybe I will stop by

to add one to my collection

T

Great job Squid! Love the stencil on the crate, awesome touch.

OMG! Squid's one of Tikis legendary unsung heros, except around Mission Beach in San Diego where his familiar name is uttered with the kind of hushed reverence afforded only Moses, Buddha or The Baby Jesus.

On 2006-09-06 20:22, squid wrote:
...I sculpted for a couple of ceramic mold companies and a ceramics company called The Potting Shed...

Duuuuude! My 1973 VW bus was also called "The Potting Shed".

S

Hodad,
Where'd you get that incriminating photograph of me? I don't remember loading up in the "Potting Shed". Then again there's a lot of stuff I don't remember. :)

K

So there is no way to get one of these unless your local huh? I'd love to get that jade colored one.

C

Hey Squid,
First off..way cool mugs!!! I'm wondering...where do you get your packaging made? I'd like to send my carved glassware off in a cool box.
Thanks for any info!
Kyle

Squid, Great mugs, I love them all! Congrats on the set

Amy

S

On 2006-09-12 12:41, kryznic wrote:
So there is no way to get one of these unless your local huh? I'd love to get that jade colored one.

Sorry kryznic, If we did it for one kid, we'd have to do it for the whole class. But there's nothing wrong with having a local surrogate come down and buy one for ya!

S

On 2006-09-12 17:31, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Squid, Great mugs, I love them all! Congrats on the set

Amy

Thank you, your majesty. I am not worthy.

Anyone going to the show that would like to go out on a limb for a newbe? I'm on the East Coast and would really like to have one of these T&T mugs. Specifically one of the $30 mugs but if the $20 mug was only left that would be AOK.

I have a pay-pal account and could send $ immediately or send a US Postal MO if you could wait. Obviously I'd pay S/H.

You can check out my feedback on E-Bay for my reliability, Its 100% positive under "uncrichie".

If there are any takers you can PM me so we don't clog-up/hi-jack the post. I know this is a tall order but still many thanks in advance. Uncrichie...

S

THOSE OF YOU WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE SHOW:
Keep an eye on this topic 'cause there's gonna be some interesting info coming up in the next couple of days........

Those of you who did make it: It was great to meet ya! Mrs. Squid and I got our own souvenirs.....your rocks! Gonna look cool in the waterfall we're building.

squid

OK, I'm first in line this time! & I always miss out so...PUSH! no cuts! teehee...Congrats Squid for show'in off your great talent & hav'in a great turn out!... Maybe next Ca. event I can hook up with someone to do the drive with..HiPhiPAHuLa!

If there is a list that will be started could I please be included. TIA, Uncrichie...

N

Yeh, I'd love to get one of those green mugs, it's one of my favs of last couple years.

Please put me on the list!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 6:11 PM

:)

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-09-20 00:14 ]

T

I would like one also.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Sep 19, 2006 3:45 PM

Ditto :)

count me in!

I'd like one too, if there are extras.

add me to the pre-announcement list. :)

These mugs are sick! The question should be, who doesn't want one? Please put me on any list that might give me a chance of getting one of these mugs, I love'em!

T

Ooh, ooh, ooh. Add me to this waiting list. I was sick that I couldn't make it to this event.

[ Edited by: tedtiki 2006-09-20 06:58 ]

Please put me down for one of each style left!

Mahaloz!

K

I'd like one of each if any are leftover also.

Thx,

Scott

really list?
I'm in let me know what happens mug wise
thanks

S
squid posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 3:27 PM

HEADS UP!
ANNOUNCEMENT AT APPROX. 6 PM PACIFIC TIME TONIGHT.

squid

S
squid posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 5:56 PM

MUGS FOR THE PEOPLE!!

For those TC comrades that didn't make it to the show.....

We have 61 regular edition brown T&T2 mugs left over. First come, first served.

If you want one (one per person please), PM me with your shipping address and email address. I'll email back with confirmation if you scored :) If they have sold out I'll send you a sensitive condolance message :(

Paypal is preferred but check or Money Order is OK too. I'll send all that info in the confirmation.

$20 plus $7.00 to cover packaging materials and Priority Mail in US.
Foreign orders, please include your address in PM and I'll calculate your shipping.

We're on the honor system here so please, no double dipping. And besides, it ain't sanitary.

Thanks and good luck!

squid

PS: Yes, all the green crated and hand painted brownies were swept up at the show.

Thanks Squid, done! I sent you a PM at 6:01pm. Is that sad or what?

PM also sent, hope it made it. Uncrichie...

Got mine today! Wahoo! Thanks's Squid!

R

Got mine too! Mahalo Squidster.

T

Got mine safe and sound, thanks.

M

The mug arrived safe and sound and looks even better in person (or tiki as the case may be)

Picked one up along with some other great Squid stuff...... Yea for Squiddles!

D

Squid you did it again. after washing out the rum went right up with the other mugs and is scaring the hell out Mr. Bali Hai. When will the " royal family be on sale again ?

Pages: 1 2 51 replies