Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Trail of the Screaming Foreheads at Egyptian Theater

Pages: 1 7 replies

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 11:55 AM

Scoll Down for news about September's one-night-only showing of Larry Blamire's epic of 50's humorous horror ...

[ Edited by: Cammo 2007-09-05 06:53 ]

CL

This is so cool. I wish it was last week when we were down. Hmmmm, 3rd trip down in three weeks might be a callin. Oh Mai Tai..... :wink:

I went to see The Stewardesses on Saturday night and it was so bad that it was funny (which is what we were kind of expecting). But if you attend any weekend screenings be prepared for the new $15 parking all around the Egyptian! I think your best bet is to park at the Hollywood and Highland structure and walk. I think the Egyptian gives you part of the money back. Not to mention, I think all the Paris Hilton Wannabees have taken over Hollywood Blvd. It's truly frightening. Whatever happened to the "good ol' days" when it was just a bunch of Goth kids and tranny prostitutes loitering about?

C

We always park at the public parking lot 1 block north on Cherokee. It's real cheap, and secure. You can also eat at Musso & Franks across the street fron the Egyptian (when you order coffee you get a gleaming pot, the best in town, ask for Felix the waiter) and park out back of their place for low comp rates.

Musso & Franks right side of the place is a perfectly preserved 1920's speakeasy, by the way. It's also the place where Harold Lloyd's ex-writer and director shot himself out front in a phone booth when he didn't have any money to pay the bill. Look it up.

That big Hollywood and Highland Megaplex across the street does NOT have fire exit stairwells, no kidding. We almost got trampled there one night in a false alarm panic rush. Enter at your own risk.

H

Cammo, next time you are at Musso's go to Rubin the bartender and tell him I said hello. He will make you a drink from hell good enough for the entire evening. Read your PM...

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2007 7:26 AM

Finally it's HERE!

Larry Blamire, creator of the incredible "Lost Skeleton of Cadavara" has been patiently working on his next film for quite some time. I've been waiting and waiting...

"Lost Skeleton" was filmed in black & white, acted and written exactly as if it was produced on the cheap in 1954. It's one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

His "Trail of the Screaming Forehead" now progresses to cheesy late 50's Technicolor and even cheesier acting and bad editing habits. Larry is a really telented sci-fi artist, so the whole look of the film is amazing. It's all about big foreheads arriving from outer space and taking over. A spunky girl scientist and two wacky pipe-chomping sea salts suspect what's going on, but nobody will believe them...

can they save Planet Earth before the end credits?

http://www.screamingforehead.com

"Trail" will be showing ONE NIGHT ONLY at the Egyptian Theater, but due to screw-ups on the Egytian's website, almost nobody knows it's coming.

The movie was co-produced by Ray Harryhausen's new EFX company, and Ray, Larry, all the actors, and the entire production crew will be there (no guff, Ray's actually flying in from London for this) to answer questions after the movie. The session will be filmed for the DVD release. I think it costs 9 clams, starts at 8:00pm on Thursday, September 20th.

So anyway, I'm going with da wife & da kid. See ya.

C

I don't know where you got the information that Ray is coming in from London for the screening, but I'm sorry to say he is not, and never was. It will still be a swell evening nonetheless.

Mike S.

[ Edited by: cadavra 2007-09-16 14:35 ]

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Sep 16, 2007 3:24 PM

Cadavra - I think I read it on the Egyptian website. If you hit special events for September, it also came up with a totally wrong link, so that's two strikes.

Can't wait for the 20th.

Hey, anybody up for a preshow dine-and-dash at Musso & Frank's?

Pages: 1 7 replies