Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vics Rums

Pages: 1 3 replies

M
Matiki posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 3:28 PM

I was lucky enought to find a Party Store in the Motown that could order TV rums. All I could get was the Spiced , Coconut, and Bannana. The price was right at only $9.11 for a fith. What are the opionions on the stuff, and does anyone know what other Rums they slap a lable on.

TV also makes "Kahana Bay Premium Gold" (West Indies) that I believe, is now touted as their Mai Tai rum. I've tried it and found it to be 'acceptable'.

GH

I have enjoyed "Trader Vics Authentic Dark Rum" for quite some time... although I swear I remember it being labeled as "Mail Tai Rum" back when I first found it.

Anywho... it is a nice blend of really dark rums that adds a great flavor and color to most drinks.

I just picked up a bottle of "Trader Vics 151 Rum" yesterday. I have no idea how good it is, but it was around $14 and cheaper than Bacardi so I figured it should at least be good enough to set on fire in my volacano bowl. :)

-T.J.

On 2006-09-10 11:09, Tonnikan Jinn wrote:
I have enjoyed "Trader Vics Authentic Dark Rum" for quite some time... although I swear I remember it being labeled as "Mail Tai Rum" back when I first found it.

It may still be . . . my store doesn't carry any TV dark rum. I assumed it was the "Mai Tai Rum" because it had the recipe on the back of the bottle.

GH

Pages: 1 3 replies