Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Any NYC tiki folk going to the Hukilau??

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hi,

I will be going to my first Hukilau this year and was wondering if there are any other Tiki Central members that will also be attending the Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think it would be fun if we could all meet each other in New York (for me it would be meeting NY tiki types for the first time), prior to the event.

Perhaps we could meet at Otto's Shrunken Head, Waikiki Wally's or someplace in midtown?

Please come forward fellow NYC tiki lovers and identify yourself....lol.....

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mahalo,

Hawaii Kai Guy (a/k/a Alan)

Aloha from the Lehigh Valley! I am heading back down again this year but not sure if I can make it into the city beforehand. When did you have in Mind?

I'm in Ottos or Wallys ???

i'll be headin to Huki for 2nd time this year.

Weekday (m/t/w/th) is usually the best for me as I am in town mostly during / work week.

I can bring the crew if it works out!

PM or post here.

Hi Rugbymatt and Sneakyjack et. al.....

I have a rather intensive work schedule that involves alot of work at night and weekends this month, so the only time I could arrange a group before we go to the Hukilau would be on Sunday, September 17th anytime, or on Sunday night 9/24 after 8:30 p.m., or on Monday night 9/25. I have more flexibility late nights, but I think most would prefer earlier.

So, how about dinner at Waikiki Wally's first and those that want to continue to Otto's afterwards could keep the night going....

My first choice would be this coming Sunday night on the 17th.....

Any replies,

Mahalo,

Alan a/k/a Hawaii Kai Guy

Well I guess there aren't many New Yorkers going to the Hukilau.......

I had interest from 2 people on this site about meeting up in advance but have not heard back from them.....

Oh well, I thought it was a good idea!

Whoa
I said I'm in (with some other playas) for the Monday before Huki at either Ottos or Waikikik.

Maybe the PM did not make it you?

Sorry Sneaky Jack, I never received your PM and obviously you never received mine either....the computer server must have been down or something.

Please let me know if you got my private message I sent you a few minutes ago with my contact information.

Mahalo,

Hawaii Kai Guy

got it and Pm'd you.
Monday eve?
Sept 25

• Any one else? ]
    If it can work?

Hi folks, yes I would like to do Monday, Sept.25 for dinner at Waikiki Wallys.

How does 7 p.m. sound? too early?

I will need to make a reservation, so stand up and be counted! Let me hear who wants to go.

All best,

Hawaii Kai Guy

P.S.- Sneaky Jack, I'm not getting your private messages for some reason. Let me check my settings....

Well, I guess the NYC group going to the Hukilau are not around as I was hoping to have a small group (8-10) people to meet at Waikiki Wallys for dinner on Monday to get acquainted prior to the event.

I will check with Sneaky Jack to see if we are going to go ahead with this or just wait till we all arrive in Ft. Lauderdale.....

So, if there are any last minute Hukilau folks from this area and are available for Monday night, now is the time to let me know.....

thank you very much,

HKG

oh yes we are going ahead with this..

monday eve around 8pm - feel free to go early - Exact number is not set but at least me and Hawaii Kai Guy but I have a few unconfirmed yes-es Anyone is welcome.

Good chance we'll swing up to Ottos afterwards - to grab a couple mugs to bring to the Huki!

PM sent

Hello New York, NJ, and CT......if you are going to the Hukilau a few of us are meeting this Monday at Waikiki Wallys at 8:00 p.m. .

It would be great to meet you before we are all in Ft. Lauderdale.

Feel free to let me or Sneaky Jack know if you are coming, so we can make reservations.

HKG

looks - like this event at least this night is cancelled

c u at the HUKILAU

D

Dave from Joisey......heading to Hukilau!

Pages: 1 13 replies