Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Ohana Hut ... Heads Up!

Pages: 1 31 replies

OK so this is just a heads up to let everyone know that the Ohana Hut sale will start on the 13th of this month.

This is how its going to go down and sorry in advance if it seems a bit overly complex. I am doing it this way to insure that only Tiki Central members get the mug as well as blocking individuals from getting more than one. I want to insure that everyone has a good chance at getting one.

On the 13th I will start an official Thread here on TC. If you want an Ohana Hut then you'll post into it stating so. I will then PM you a code. On the 20th of this month the Hut will be for sale on the Munktiki website, I will provide the link to it at that time. Only orders from Tiki Central members who got a code(only 100 codes will be given out) will be accepted. There will be a text field when you place the order which is where you will enter your code.

Unfortunately I had to decrease the numbers of huts to be made. Originally it was set at 150 but now have lowered it to 100. Due to the size and cost of the mug there wasn't enough of a demand to make a master mold which I could have then done upwards to 300 mugs. The mold is already losing detail and I have to put more and more time into each one.

Not all 100 huts are done at this time. I have almost 50 ready to ship right now but on the 20th I will put all 100 up for sale. I do foresee having the whole edition complete by the end of this year, so the wait for the last 50 will hopefully be minimal.

Any questions just let me know.

-stuckie

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Sep 9, 2006 6:58 PM

Did a price ever get finalized and were there many changes from the proto that we saw earlier on.

Mahaloz for da heads-up braddah, stuckie!
Complex? Codes? 13th Sale?...Ooooooh the time is near!!! This monumental undertaking on your part, breathing life into the wonderful original artistry of maestro Chongolio!

Highly anticipated and extremely desirable, I GASP!, for air.

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Price is $90, coloration is the same as proto.

-stuckie

H

Good luck with em.

Im about to move out and cant justify the cost, especially with exchange rates and postage to Oz... :(

My vote is for a cheaper mug if/when this gets done again.

Theres gonna be some happy TCers though :) - thats a kool mug

Will credit cards be charged on the 20th or when the customer's mug actually ships?

Cool. Question answered below.

Dog eat dog !!!

Arrr!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2006-09-11 08:56 ]

Cards wont be charged until the order ships.

On 2006-09-09 18:49, stuckieshaft wrote:

On the 13th I will start an official Thread here on TC.

12:01? Can you give an estimated time for people who don't live here?
XXXOOO

I'll be starting the thread in the morning. Around 8am.

Also Im getting a few PM's from people who will not be around on the 13th and want me to save them one. I realy cant save any mugs as that would be unfair to everyone else, despite the fact that I want to. Maybe you can get a family member to post on your account?

-stuckie

8 am Pacific time, right?

sorry for complaining.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-09-11 21:52 ]

On 2006-09-11 21:35, kingstiedye wrote:
i don't like that time at all! :( i'm sorting mail at 8 am with no chance to get on the internet. i think the time should be when people are home from work. just my opinion.

But when does home from work start??

Are we talking a 9-5 or a sun up to sundown??

Or a 18 hour gig?

I'm going "Postal" if I don't get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no one way in doing this to accomodate everyones schedules. I know some will only be around in the morning and others in the afternoon. Im sorry about this, nothing I can do about it.

-stuckie

Stuckie, just double checking as this was asked before but not answered, but that is 8 AM Pacific Time, correct?

Even if I miss out on getting this mug (fingers crossed), thanks for all the hard work on putting this together.

Pacific standard time yes.

Its ONE per person right?

If anyone is caught selling theirs within the next 12 months they are required to offer it at the original purchase price to the next person in line who missed out.

:)

I'm curious to see how many "new" members we get in the next 24 hours....

Crap. I have to be on the road between 10:30 AM and 6 PM EDT tomorrow, which means I will miss the 8 AM PDT launch by a half hour.

Well, if there are still slots available after that, I will put my name in.

Unless of course, you want to do a rolling launch by time zone. :wink:

--sbim

T

Stuckie, will the thread to reply to to buy be in this forum, or the Tiki Marketplace forum? And does the order of reply posts indicate the order of mugs that people get, or will that be determined by when the order is placed on the Munktiki site? Mahalo!

T

the list starts tomorrow, the sale start on Wednesday the 20th. I would think that more than a hundred people can be on the list because somebody on the list, may not buy on the 20th.

The only thing I got to do now is try to get my Munktiki user name up and running again. Forgot the password, I guess.

N

Isn't the point of the code to get the first one hundred individuals who want one
"assigned" one, that way when it comes time to buy there isn't a mad rush on the
Munktiki site? Am I wrong?

T

On 2006-09-12 14:48, nitropic wrote:
Isn't the point of the code to get the first one hundred individuals who want one
"assigned" one, that way when it comes time to buy there isn't a mad rush on the
Munktiki site? Am I wrong?

Yep, that's the point, only 100 people through the door. But it doesn't necessarily mean the first person to buy a ticket gets in first. (Think general admission) Unless stuckie is going the reserved seating arrangement, which is what I was asking about.

M

it would really suck if people have a day old account (or multiple accounts) to buy the mugs. :(

H

A heads-up on the heads-up... Tiki Central will have some scheduled downtime tomorrow evening at 10PM Pacific time for a router upgrade (the sceduling isn't under our control -- and there's never really a good time, anyhow). I don't know exactly how long it will be, but last night's scheduled downtime lasted a bit less than an hour. My guess is that'll be somewhere between 15 minutes and an hour.

So... if for some reason tomorrow you aren't able to get in front of a computer until 10PM, and then you get there and you can't get Tiki Central to come up -- don't panic! It's not just you, everyone will be in the same boat. Keep trying, and it will (knock on wood) be back up in a short bit.

J
JTD posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 4:19 AM

On 2006-09-12 16:14, marika wrote:
it would really suck if people have a day old account (or multiple accounts) to buy the mugs. :(

I agree. Hanford had an earlier thread to get a headcount (though it was specifically not a "sign-up" list). I recommmewnd that folks who joined TC after the end-date of that headcount would not be eligible - at least not initially.

JTD

T

On 2006-09-12 12:12, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
Crap. I have to be on the road between 10:30 AM and 6 PM EDT tomorrow, which means I will miss the 8 AM PDT launch by a half hour.

Well, if there are still slots available after that, I will put my name in.

Unless of course, you want to do a rolling launch by time zone. :wink:

--sbim

Yeah, since I will be in the middle of my work day and my boss is not thrilled with me surfing the web during company hours. I guess I will be missing the launch too.

I'm curious as to how many on the East Coast (and other time zones) will be able to acquire one.

Maybe we could change the name to The Hoity-toity Hut! :D

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 5:57 AM

On 2006-09-12 16:14, marika wrote:

How about only having it open to members who had joined TC prior to the establishment of this thread?

T

On 2006-09-12 10:22, Monkeyman wrote:
Its ONE per person right?

If anyone is caught selling theirs within the next 12 months they are required to offer it at the original purchase price to the next person in line who missed out.

:)

Thats a great idea but you know some are gonna pop up on ebay. Not mine if I'm lucky enough to get one, but somebody's.

If that was going to be the rules it would have been nice if they were posted earlier in the process.. I've been a long time lurker, but only recently setup an account.

Do people that post twice in that thread get disqualified because they make the counting harder? (It looks like some people didn't wait long enough while TC was being slow and hit submit more than once.)

[ Edited by: MikeyTiki 2006-09-13 08:13 ]

T

still a lot left, tikisass is a first time poster. What a great way to come into the tiki world.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-09-13 08:12 ]

Gotta love all of those newbies coming out of da woodwork

Pages: 1 31 replies