Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Forbidden Island (and Martiki) make the cover of Alameda Magazine

Pages: 1 25 replies

H

Congrats to Forbidden Island -- Martiki & Forbidden Island are on the cover of Alameda Magazine's latest issue, their "Best of" Issue:

M

"Awesome! Totally awesome! All right, Hamilton! (Martin)"

I gotta visit that place.

El midnite

ps That's all I'm gonna say, yes. No further comment, no.

WOW! Congrats to you, Martin! And everyone at the Forbidden Island who makes it the best place to go in the Bay Area!! You guys deserve it all!!

Okole Maluna!

• Myke
S

wooohooooo Martin!!! YAY!!!
Congrats~!!!!

J

Congratulations to Martiki and crew!!!
I knew I had good taste! Now I just hope I can still get in after everyone in town sees the article.

CL

It's great that they got Martin's feet in too! They add a special element to the shot. :wink:

Just kidding. It looks GREAT. Kudos and congrats on the awesome exposure and cover shot.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-09-11 15:35 ]

You know, they didn't give me photo credit for Hair & Make-up...

......on the GIRLS, people! yeeeeeesh.

M

mahalo, everyone.

yes, you can see the sock wrinkles on my ankles.

I have a couple questions for you Martiki.

1. Why haven't you returned my call?
  2. Was working at Trader Vic's part of the long term plan of opening F.I.?

Congratulations for the best damn Tiki Bar in California!!

M

On 2006-09-15 11:57, Jungle Trader wrote:
I have a couple questions for you Martiki.

1. Why haven't you returned my call?
  2. Was working at Trader Vic's part of the long term plan of opening F.I.?

Congratulations for the best damn Tiki Bar in California!!

1)because I was drunk that night, I thought we both agreed it was better left forgotten. I mean, it was fun and all, but we both have wives, and just because something feels good, doesn't mean it's right.

1. actually, no.

AW damn, it's always like that. Nobody respects me the next morning.

sock wrinkles r sexy :wink:

congrats

T

Martin's mug (and feet) are plastered all over Alameda! Many of the establishments that won "Best of" have the magazine cover in their front windows.

Congragulations, Martin and crew! Many more alohas!

can we buy an issue?

The magazine is typically sold at local retail stores in Alameda, through subscriptions, and newstands. That being said, here is the website link for Alameda Magazine. It is probably possible to order a copy directly through them via phone or internet. MM, if this lead proves unfruitful, pm me and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.alamedamagazine.com/media/Alameda-Magazine/Contact-Us/

Congrats, Martiki!

Also, If I didn't post it before, here's my review of Forbidden Island from the Tiki Crawl VI on Kaiserpenguin.com:
http://www.kaiserpenguin.com/tiki-crawl-vi/

Honestly, I might move to Alameda just to be within stumbling distance of the Island.

Hey, my daughter just moved to Alameda from Kansas.....I'm going to tell her to stop by and have a drink and say "hi"!

Fun!
LavaLounger

If she stops by tonight, it's FI night. It might be difficult to differentiate us from the regular crowd, since so many people wear vintage and tropical ware. However, she can ask the bartenders or Martin who the TC'ers are and we'd be happy to say Aloha.

J

On 2006-09-20 11:12, Coco Loco wrote:
If she stops by tonight, it's FI night.

I believe the lovely Coco Loco meant to say it's TC night.

Thank you back to the lovely JenTiki. Yes, TC night. :)

M

Every night is FI night.

H

'Cept for Monday. Monday is you're-on-your-own night.

J

On 2006-09-20 13:15, Humuhumu wrote:
'Cept for Monday. Monday is you're-on-your-own night.

And I think we need to talk about that, Martiki! :(

I'm lost when it comes to mixing a decent drink. I need FI to celebrate Mai Tai Mondays!! :drink:

Forbidden Island is one of the best places to destroy those delicate braincells. Also, if you need a new comb, try the deadly Combover. Now, I'm thirsty!

Couldn't Happen to a nicer bunch of people....everyone at FI does a cracker jack job and always makes it a pleasure to visit!

Congrats!!

My favorite place to misplace a few, (OK MORE that a few), Brain cells! :)

Pages: 1 25 replies