Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Chip and Andy looking for Texas Tiki this Thanksgiving (2006)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Well, actually just Chip....

I am heading 'home' this Thanksgiving and will be in the Houston area over Thanksgiving. My parents live in Jasper, so I will only be in Houston proper the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Can any of the Texas Tribe offer ideas for a very limited time in Houston? I get in on Tuesday morning, I have a car and an 18 year out of date mental map of the town....

Chip!

I can't swear that I'll be in town (we teachers get a good loooong break then), but if I am, you MUST save some bar-hopping, thrift-shopping, at-my-house-stopping time for me!

alice b

On 2006-09-12 13:44, Formikahini wrote:
Chip!

I can't swear that I'll be in town (we teachers get a good loooong break then), but if I am, you MUST save some bar-hopping, thrift-shopping, at-my-house-stopping time for me!

alice b

I cant think of another person that I would rather spend time with!

Tell me, is Sams still around? It was in a tug boat on Richmond Avenue near the Galleria and they had the best crawfish when it was in season.....

Or did I just date myself by referencing a bar that has been closed for 15 years?

Oh yeah, it's there and it's hoppin'!

OK Texas Tribe.......

I (Chip) am arriving on Tuesday about 10 am at Houston Hobby. I have that whole day and some of Wednesday to play with before I have to head out to Jasper and the Family. I will have a car so I can get around. Who wants to meet up and play local tour guide? Or...... PM me with some things that I should be looking for and doing while I am in town.

Hey Chip!

I'm here and looking forward to seeing you.
For starters, how 'bout if we take a trip out to visit "Andy Landry's mom"? :wink:

OK, barring that, we can hit some antique malls plus some Mexican food/margarita stops. OR martinis at The Davenport, with the local tamal vendors coming through selling KILLER tamales, $5 per dozen. PERfect dinner!

Kilikopela and his wahine are here in the US, but not back in Houston again 'til after you've left. I'll see if I can scare up any other Houstonians. You post your coming in Tiki Events? It counts :)

alice b

On 2006-11-19 17:32, Formikahini wrote:
Hey Chip!

I'm here and looking forward to seeing you....

OK, Now I am excited about the trip!

Tell me what time to meet you and where. I get in about 10 am, but I have to get the bags, the car, etc....

And, I am travelling without phone or other tech toys so I am going to have to do the old-school thing and try and find pay phones.

? Double post.....?

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2006-11-20 06:19 ]

SHOOT! wish we could see you since you'll be so close! we're heading up north to Lubbock for Thanksgiving! hopefully we can coax you & Andy into coming to san antonio sometime :)

Formika -- i heard you might be coming to SA for Sandra's party? i will be SO BUMMED if you come all the way to SA and i don't get to see you! maybe you can come back for our house-warming party (if the house ever gets finished!)...

Pages: 1 8 replies