Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Fish God

Pages: 1 9 replies

F

Hi All
Not posted for a while but after some advice from Paipo and a go with my new Micromotor (most of this was done with a dremel) this the result, it's a copy of a Marqueasan Fish God I once saw on Ebay made out of wood this one is carved out of ivory with Paua shell eyes.
It has a plaited cord and Ivory toggle.
Paipo the detail one can achieve with the Micromotor is amazing,no vibration at all don't know why I didn't try one before

Hope you like
Regards
Flynny

H

I like it!

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 1:07 PM

There you go! Glad to see the first fruits of your "conversion" to superior dental technology, and very nice it is too. I've seen Easter Island pieces a bit like this design, at first glance that's what I thought it was.
That's a very crisp piece of carving Flynny, I can see you're going to flourish with this new tool.
PS wannna send me your source pic to add to my collection? I save pretty much anything interesting I see on ebay too.

[ Edited by: Paipo 2006-09-13 13:11 ]

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 3:33 PM

Oh yeah, man that is beautiful. What a great job. I would love to see some more pics of that. Please?

-Gman

H
hewey posted on Thu, Sep 14, 2006 4:48 AM

Nice.

now more!

:)

M

Nice fishTiki! I like it. But, don't let my Wahine see it. I'll be carving fish for two months if she does.

McTiki

Here fishy..fishy. Nice

T

My two cents? - Very nice!

This is a really nice piece! Great job!! Really unique being done in Ivory, too.

B

Excellent work Flynny. Hopefully this means we can start to see Much more of your stuff? Post some progress shots too if you can.
Thanks....Love it

Pages: 1 9 replies