Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Ernie Menehune LUAU in Tucson on Sept 30th, 2006

Pages: 1 17 replies

Aloha Everyone!

Ernie Menehune (yes, THAT Ernie Menehune) will be hosting his very own luau at Menehune Village on Saturday, September 30th, 2006 in beautiful Tucson Arizona!

Please note that this is NOT the show that Ernie has at the Kon Tiki, but rather the annual luau that he hosts at his tropical desert oasis, Menehune Village.

It's a full scale luau with hula dancers, drumers, a kalua pig and Ernie...heck even Elvis shows up for this one!

But, it's BYOMT (that's bring-your-own-mai-tai for the acronymicly impaired), but never fear, Plaza Liquors has everything you need for this event!

Soccer Tiki, WooHoo Wahine, tiki-tina, bamboo boyd and the Cheeky Half's will be there (rumor has it even the geico gecko will be there...sorry, inside joke), so c'mon and join the party!

Tickets are $20 per person and include everything but the bevvies, and they're a-goin' fast, so if you are interested in experiencing one of the best, most authentic Polynesian luaus around, please contact Ernie's keyboard player, Larry Armstrong for tickets. He can be reached at (520)490-3279.

Need more convincing? Check out this great thread by the cheeky half's (or is that halves?): http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1

Experience one of the true legends live and in person before it's too late!

Hope to see you there!

P.S. And if'n you can't make it to this luau, never fear, Ernie next show at the Kon Tiki is scheduled for the last Sunday of October!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2006-09-13 22:40 ]

WooooHooooooo! Sounds like another Tiki-rrific Weekend in Tucson :)

WOOOOOOHOOOOO! Tucson are you ready for another Tiki Weekend?? SoccerTiki and I just booked our flight. See you in 9 days :)

I've got to call Larry and see if there are more tickets, but Becca and I will likely be there, unless she has to work that day. Can't wait!

Chris

I guess its time for another LUAU!!!!!!!!!!! I/we are looking forward to going back to Tucson!!!!!! Can't wait to have a few drinks at the Kon Tiki with our AZ friends!!! Cheeky Half-Tell Louie and Marcos to get ready to WooooHoooOOOOO!
Can't wait to see Ernie Menehune in his Menehune Village!!!!!!!
Air SoccerTiki lands in Tucson Friday around 1:30pm according to my WooHooo Travel Agent!!!!

9 more days!!!!!

WoooooooooHoooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!

WoooHooooo! Do you think this would be a good place to sip Mai Tai's under a Palm Tree??? http://www.lodgeonthedesert.com :)

TGIF @ Kon Tiki Friday Night. Hope to see everyone there :)

I had the pleasure of meeting Ernie Menehune at the Menehune Ranch and Village yesterday. What a delightful man and fabulous entertainer! For those fortunate enough to attend the Annual Luau this weekend...what a treat is in store, I'm extremely jealous that I cannot attend!

Mahaloz to Cheeky Half for providing contact information to reach Ernie and a lovely evening afterwards at Kon Tiki!

Here are photo's of Ernie Menehune at Menehune Village doing a television commercial spot for the U.S. Armed Forces.

Evening at Kon Tiki

ALOHA Ernie!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Hey Cheeky Half & the MR.! Is that the table we'll be partying at this weekend???? WooHooWahine and I stoked and ready to party Tucson Style!!!! I talked to Louie today and he says the bar is stocked! The Luau at Ernie's is gonna be awesome! Get some sleep in advance!
48 hours!!!!
WooooHoooooOOOOOOOoooooo!
SoccerTiki

Fri Sat Sun
Mostly Sunny Mostly Sunny Partly Cloudy
Low: 66° High: 96° Low: 66° High: 97° Low: 70° High: 95°

What great weather for a luau in Tucson!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOO! Tomorrow night at this time we will be at The Kon Tiki. Can't wait to see the Arizona Ohana :)

TravelingJones, we had a great time hanging out with you at the KT. Hopefully you will flip, flop, flip this way again. We are going to print out those photos and give them to Ernie at the luau.

We've been really busy with the mosaic thing lately so we haven't had a chance to check in with tc and keep updated on this thread. We have a van for transport to and from the luau, Louie has double stocked the bar and Marcos is ready and anxiously awaiting everyone's arrival.

The Mr is a bit under the weather so I'm loading him up with Advil and echinacea tea. Hopefully I can revive him enough, so that he will be able to come out and play tonight.

See you soon!

cheeky half

Woo!

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight. Are we meeting for drinks or dinner? What time are we meeting? I'm guessing around 7pm. If someone can give me a call, I'd appreciate it, as I'm not going to be near a computer at all for the rest of the day. 520-390-8245 is my cell.

Thanks!

Chris

To all those attending the Menehune LUAU...CHEERS! I'll be there in aloha spirit!!!

Cheeky half, B-12 in the arse of the other cheeky half...gotta get'em going in time for the hula contest!

Shaka Y'all!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

WOOOOHOOOO! What an adventure we had in Tucson. Mucho Mahalo to The Cheeky Half Ohana for being such great hosts. Here's some pics of our Adventure:

We loaded the Tiki Mobile in search of The Menehune Ranch

Soccer Tiki with our cooler full of Lapu Lapu's

We received a ALOHA from the Ohana

Next we were greeted by the Tikis

Here's our Host for the evening

Some pics of The Menehune Ranch

Everyone had a Tiki-rrific Time :)

Even Elvis showed up?????

The Show:

Hey Luau-Goers! Sorry we haven't followed up with a big ole 'Alooohaaaaaa' but we've been crazy-busy all week. It was great seeing you all at Ernie's place last weekend.
Travelling Jones.....Ernie was so very happy and proud that you stopped by to do your 'thing'. Hopefully some day you'll be in Tucson when he's performing at Kon Tiki (last Sunday of the month....shameless plug).

And the strategically placed B-12 shot worked a treat! Mr. Cheekys cheek was the perfect location.

The Cheeky Halfs

Cheeky Half and the Mr., Tiki Tina and Bamboo Boyd, Kona Chris and Becca.....We (WooHooWahine and I) had a great time! The Kon Tiki in Tucson is starting to feel like a second home!!! (We might have seen the ghost!) And you Arizonian tiki ohana are truly fun, hospitable, and good to go! The spirit of Aloha flows through your veins!!!!!

we can't wait to do Arizona again!!!

Oooooh how I wanted to go to the luau! There in spirit...chokest mahaloz for the Cheeky Ohana sharing the warmth of Tucson with this drifter. All good and wish again! My pleasure to meet Ernie and will follow up when the AFN spots are available. He is a gifted entertainer, gentle soul and a patriotic American! I'm a better person to have met him and the 'Cheeky's'!!!

ALOHA!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Pages: 1 17 replies