Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Do you remember.....

Pages: 1 15 replies

TRILOGY OF TERROR!

Do you remember seeing this movie when it came out in 1975? It scared the crap out of me, but I thought it was great!

I won't let my little one see this for a looooong time. I don't want her to associate that freakin' Zuni doll and our tiki items.

Oh, that damn Zuni doll...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000JXVQ/qid=1040977280/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-0087033-3000715

ScaredCaddyDaddy

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2002-12-29 03:03 ]

Yeah, I remember watching this as a kid. It scared the living hell out of me! I believe there's a company who manufactures a reproduction of this doll, which I thought would be cool to have but I'm sure my 3yr old would really freak out. Didn't someone post a link to an eBay auction of the original movie prop doll a few months back?

Oh my! Why did you go opening that "dark" closet up? It took me 10 years to get over that, now I'm gonna have to see it again, and start all over.

That last scene left indelible scars....

Wow! I am so excited that there are others who remember this movie! I was a little kid and really hyped up to see the part about the Zuni doll, but I couldn't stay awake, I keep nodding off on the couch. The next day I was seriously annoyed at myself and my mom told me that the doll went berserk and chased Karen Black all over the place and then got stuffed in the oven. (is this true, is that how she killed the doll? or was my mom making this up to placate me)Someone told me that this movie is on cable TV alot, I would definately like to see it again.

A

Over at Electric Sheep
http://www.e-sheep.com/terrors/
They remember "Trilogy of Terror". About 25 years ago I saw the Zuni Fetish Doll on display at Universal Studios. I remember all my freinds talked about that movie for years.
It was scary.

"Then, one night in 1975, I made the biggest mistake of my life"

"The third story of the trilogy, "Amelia," is a brilliant meditation on self-determination and personal transformation. But to a seven-year-old it was only about one thing: a woman being hunted through her apartment by an 18-inch Zuni warrior fetish doll wielding a steak knife. That doll, I was later to learn, permanently scarred the psyche of Generation X, and I was no exception."

[ Edited by: alnshely on 2002-12-27 22:41 ]

HH

i've never heard of this movie, but im gonna have to rent it .It sounds freaky good.

TikiGoddess, the original link (to Amazon) I have on my post shows the video for sale. Buy it, watch it.....with the lights out....if you dare...

SuperScaredCaddyDaddy

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-28 00:46 ]

Your right SCD, no spoilers edit your post too.
Mahalo,
Al

I remember seeing that movie at the drive-in. Remember those days when you went in you pjs and took you pillow and junk. I also remeber a movie about some old lady who's husband was always riding her for not being organized. In the end she organized him real good. Remember Harry?

About 25 years ago I saw the Zuni Fetish Doll on display at Universal Studios

Al, I remember that too! I was about 9 years old and looking up at that thing through a glass case.

This is definately a rip off with Shirley Jones. Circ.1984
Black Devil Doll From Hell
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800037159

In september you can buy your own Zuni Fetish Doll.... IF YOU DARE!!!!

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/acatalog/NECA.html#aC3841

T

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this at the theatre! People were heckling and laughing at the Zuni episode, it was so bad.... but bad in a funny way!

D

Whats the story on this little guy?

Is this a rip off in design or a original doll (I mean action figure) from the movie? I don't have a refined eye, but my guess is rip off...

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-07-07 21:09 ]

Last nite I watched TRILOGY OF TERROR, which I rented from Netflix. I finally got to see Karen Black be chased by the Zuni doll, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched it 3 times in a row and Im gonna watch it again tonite. Im so glad all these 70s movies and Tv shows are on DVD now so I can tie up my own mental loose ends.

wow, a 2002 thread - an oldie but a goodie!

Pages: 1 15 replies