Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pages: 1 0 replies

Hi everybody. I've been bitten by the Tiki Bug. After all thats how I found this terrific forum. Doing a lot of searches for construction tips and ideas. You certainly have a wealth of info here for sure.

Believe it or not my first project barely under construction is a portable bar, with thatched roof. The idea being most large pieces except the bar top will fit vertically onto a 20" x 60" extended cargo carrier on the back of my truck. The bar top being only 2-1/2" thick will rest flat in the rear bed (short bed P/U truck). This will allow for a mostly empty truck bed for suitcases, houshold stuff, etc. when traveling. When together it will handle 7 collapsible bar stools and one additional stool for the drink master at the rear center of the bar. I realize this description without photos (hope to have some in the near future) is worthless but I just wanted to share whats going on here.

The whole idea is to be able to use the bar here on my outside patio and to take it onto the beach during summer vacation. Yes, the boss thinks I'm nuts but everyone is sure to enjoy it.

Just ordered a plaque from "Seamus" for the front panel of the bar it should look very cool!

I'm still searching for ideas and don't want to ask additional questions until sure the info isn't archieved.

Thats it from here (Mid Atlantic Coast) glad to meet you all. Uncrichie...

Oops, just realized I posted in the wrong area, should I delete it or can it be moved? Sorry...

[ Edited by: uncrichie 2006-09-15 13:21 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies