Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Squid's Tikis and Terrors II mug (crated version) for Trade

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hello all,

This is all part of my new promise to myself to stop lurking and do more posting. I was lucky enough to go to the Tikis and Terrors II art exhibit last night at the Bahooka. I wasn't able to stay as long as I like (I had a B-day dinner to attend) but stayed long enough to explore the Bahooka, have a few drinks, get some awesome mugs and check out all the great art.

Now down to business. My wife was with me so I bought an extra crated green version of Squid's mug that was designed for the event. The box is still nailed shut so I am not sure what edition # it is, but I can GUARANTEE that it is between 1 and 50! Now rather than putting it up for sale on EBAY,(i am more of an EBAY buyer anyway), I am offering it up to one of the TC ohana that lives too far to be able to get access to this great mug. Now I am a working man, not a philanthropist - so I am offering up this great mug for trade.

So send me a PM with what ya got to offer and I will contact the "winner" - Any offers of a Tiki Leilani mug will be dealt with harshly! (just kidding) Whoever "wins" can ship me there trade mug on them and I will foot the bill for shipping of this Squid mug. Fair enough?

Michael G (tab)

update:

my brother and his wife just gave birth this morning so please exercise some patience and I will respond to all PM's. I am gonna be out of comission for a little bit, so I will allow the trade offers to come in til Wednesday night and I will post the "winner". Thanks to everyone for all of their cool mugs they are offering to trade - this is fun!

mg

pm sent

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 7:45 PM

Here ya go.

So, when can GROG expect to get the crated Tikis and Terrors mug?

hey all,

well, my brother and sister in law are getting released from the hospital as I type this. They had a boy. 5 lbs 14 oz - 19 inches. His name is Brannon Markus Gleason.

This was fun for me and a great way to help others while adding to my collection. I got many very generous cash offers, yet wanted to keep it to a trade. There are a lot of negative connotations re getting a premium for limited mugs, people hording them, etc. I do not want to be in that arena.

I also rec'd some very tempting mug offers (Tiki Art 3, Shag Mondo Tiki, Trader Mort) and thank you all for the offers. They are all great mugs.

But I have made my final decision.

During this process, I rec'd an offer from his highness, KingsTieDye. Now as a lowly tiki servant, I did what I had to do. I get a great Shat Ratongo and got to make my contribution to the one of the most amazing and complete tiki collections known to man. I just got world from the King that he wielded his power to acquire the brown, brown painted, and green crated (me) version. KTD can put a big fat check-mark next to the T&T2 mugs, as he has the whole shooting match.

Now to those who I sure are grumbling (I used to curse his name as well), after ya cool down, just think about it. KTD has the most bitchin collection of anyone on TC. And ya certainly can't beat him, so ya mine as well join him.

Michael G (tab)

P.S. - I also have a non painted brown T&T2 mug to trade. It is 144/150 and minty. I did not want to post them at the same time as I did not want to cause sibling rivalry. I will start a new thread.

P.P.S. (or is it P.S.S.) - My furthest and most interesting offer came all the way from New Zealand from our friend Paipo. He ended up getting one thru another route so it never came to fruition, but he offered me one of his carved stone pendants as trade. I had not seen them until then and let me tell ya, they are out of these world. Here is a link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20008&forum=7&193

He told me he is gonna have a few pieces at the Hukilau, so if you are lucky enough to be going to south florida in a few weeks (not me), check em out. If not, at least check out the thread, you will be blown away.

oh, by the way.

I cannot tell you how happy I am as I have gotten "grogged" for the first time. Earning my Ohana Hut a little more every day.

mg

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 6:43 PM

GROG just doing GROG's civic duty.

GROG can't believe you contributed to KingsTieDye's evil plan to take over the world by purchasing every modern tiki mug ever made so that no one will be able to drink Mai tais unless they pay him exhorbatent fees and worship at his feet. Damn you KTD! You may have won this one, but GROG still has plenty of plastic tiki tumblers to thwart your evil plan for world domination.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 9:04 PM

On 2006-09-20 17:07, smgleason47 wrote:
nice things

Ah, you're too kind :) I'll be happy to do a you a sweet deal some other time my friend.
Just to clarify, I won't have work for sale at Hukilau, but there will be a couple of my little fellas there representing me in spirit. They are in transit across the world right now.

Pages: 1 7 replies