Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Basement Kahuna Bar Now Available...

Pages: 1 20 replies

I built this bar for a residential installation that is looking southerly at this point (simply put:chasing money around for a week and a half on completed work; me no likee) so I'm going to sell it here! It is six feet long and features three Rarotongan tiki masks, curved bamboo front, around 20 inches deep, and has a nice, deep rimmed shelf, low-reflective hi-impact polymer coated inside, and a secret hiding place for your "special guests only" bottle of rum! All for 450.00-that's the "local pickup" price! The first person attending the Hukilau that would like to have it, can paypal the cost and e-mails me at [email protected] to let me know they want it gets it personally delivered to Hukilau 2006 by yours truly Basement Kahuna! It's a beaut! Aloha

I just put this bar up on "Marketplace". Reasons explained there...get 'er while she's hot (I don't build these often, but when I do I build them nice). Aloha!

awesome bar BK. Some lame persons loss is truly someone else's gain! A little far from the left coast for a pickup for me - but some lucky fool is going to enjoy this baby.

mg

It's a steal... I built it as part of a "grouped services" deal. My bar build price is usually 100 a foot length plus 8 dollars an inch depth, which would put this one at 744.00. I just happen to be frustrated and happen to be heading down to Hukilau with a van! It's a really nice one, and curved bars are always cool.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 4:32 PM

BK,

I hope you get what you need out of it. That's a fine bar. Too bad you got hung out. That sucks. Did you at least get half up front?

-Gman

No...fairly visible locals so I'll usually forgo the contract on such a deal..middle-priced residential install (fully tikified living room) but the payment dates have been moved up three times; deadlined for the third time today with no call and I already have personal cash outlay on the job, so I'm just not gonna dive any deeper at this juncture. I'm just prudently cancelling the deal and going back to the surface for some sardines and beer. Business...never a dull moment!

P

Well that won't last long.
I'm straining my pea-brain trying to come up with a place to put it at my house but all I can think of is the roof.

mmmmm... strained peas.

Nice work as usual, Kahuna.
Sometimes I wish my place wasn't an outdoor joint.

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-09-18 16:58 ]

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 5:02 PM

Sux. Good thing Huki is 'round the corner :) I hope you get out OK. Especially with custom fish rubbings, I never start work without at least half the cash in my hand. I've been stung too many times over 20 years.

My dad told me once, "you can do business WITH friends, just don't do business AS friends."

-Gman

I'm sure it'll be gone in no time...O'bla-dee, O'bla-da

DAMMIT BK!

Why do ya have to live so far away?!
Can ya stick it in a box with some newspaper and ship it to me for about 30 bucks? :wink:

I guess I'll just keep on dreamin'...

Seriously though, it's yet another awesome creation by an awesome artist. Truly!

Later Brah!

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2006-09-18 22:05 ]

HOLD FOR ROB!

where is the bar TOP?

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2006-09-19 09:55 ]

On 2006-09-19 09:54, TIKI DAVID wrote:
where is the bar TOP?

That would be the slick, glossy, horizontal surface just above the masks. Seriously, I assume you're referring to a bamboo or thatch roof above it? No need for that. This is an indoor bar. It's poifect as is.

On 2006-09-19 09:54, TIKI DAVID wrote:
where is the bar TOP?

What Rob said!

G

BK, we're really looking forward to the new bar. It's going to look terrific here! Can't wait to serve up many Mai Tais and Zombies from behind that bar to all our friends. Thanks for your generosity of making it available on TC at such an affordable price and for bringing it down to FL. That was incredibly gracious of you and just once again reflects how I feel about the artists and everyone so far on TC that I've had the pleasure meet and become friends with. And the quality of your work just continues to blow me away. Mahalo!

Oh, and first drink at the Mai Kai is on me. :)

On 2006-09-19 16:05, GatorRob wrote:

Thanks Gator!

Glad you got it, man! We'll bring 'er down 95 for you...

G

On 2006-09-19 16:18, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2006-09-19 16:05, GatorRob wrote:

Thanks Gator!

Guess I should have qualified that statement. Damn that mistake's gonna cost me a lot. Oh wait, this is Tiki Central. I can change the rules if I decide its unfair. And since it would cause great pain to my wallet, not to mention my retirement fund, to buy a round of drinks for EVERYONE at the Mai Kai, I'm changing the rule, which now states "Basement Kahuna's first drink at the Mai Kai is on me."

(Sorry for the little poke there Sir Hanford. Just kiddin.)

K

Right on! Next central florida tikifest is at Gator Rob's so we can properly welcome this BK original to the hood.

but when I do I build them nice

That's an understatement! Congrats Rob on a beautiful bar!!!!

Sucks about the business deal, but at least you held onto the bar rather than delivering with no payment...with none on the way

G

On 2006-09-19 17:45, Karbora wrote:
Right on! Next central florida tikifest is at Gator Rob's so we can properly welcome this BK original to the hood.

You got it, but it may be a little while. I've got to build out my tiki room first. Cuz when you get a Basement Kahuna bar, you don't just put it anywhere. You build a room around it. :)

Pages: 1 20 replies