Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Palm Logs Available in Ventura, Ca.

Pages: 1 3 replies

V

Attn Carvers in So. Cal: hey guys, I have so many palm logs it's unbelievable!
There was a golf course here locally that took down 700 palms and although I did'nt get all of them, I did manage to get a shitload of them!!
I had to pay for them and I lease a place to keep them, if you're interested I am selling them all sizes up to 15 feet. Most of them fan palms, which are my favorite to carve.I do have some queens as well. PM me if you need some logs. I live in Ventura.You can also call me at 805 218 2855. Thanks!! Tiki out!!

Crazy Al might not see this thread. He needs some desperately. Send him an e-mail, if you would?

V

done!

Hey Von Tiki,

It was great meeting you and your family. I am looking forward to seeing your studio at Art City and photographing you at work. You have some beautiful tiki around your home ,the mermaid tiki is my favorite. Please post it for everyone to enjoy. The hidden rum bottle storage is clever and I want one.

I would like to purchase a few of the logs that you told me you managed to save from the Royal Palms Park in Oxnard. I was initially sad when you told me that developers had torn out the trees, I'm glad you managed to salvage some of them with the history of the place and all.
With your help, I'd like to carve a group of tiki that recreate the history of Buds projects in Ventura County. The Trade Winds, Royal Palms, Lobster Trap and other projects.

Royal Palms Mobile Home Community

Tiki Temple rendition at the Trade Winds

Tiki carved by Richard Ellis

The Lobster Trap today

Lobster Trap mermaid
A Bud tiki, Ione tiki, Richard tiki and perhaps a few of the many actors from Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World that was filmed at the Royal Palms would be cool to carve, urban archeology of a different sort (maybe a totem or two as there were at least a dozen stars in Mad World, if you have never seen it you have missed a gem}
I look forward to working with you.

Ojaitimo

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-09-26 00:28 ]

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-09-26 09:01 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies