Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Great (Expensive) new Enchanted Tiki Room Shirt by Reyn Spooner

Pages: 1 4 replies

Came across this pricey gem. Looks very cool. With tax and shipping you are looking at close to $100. Good thing I have a birthday coming up...
http://www.reyns.com/SC101_Services/SC101_Shopper/showItem.php?menuId=7&itemNum=981

But why did they have to put Mickey in the design? It would have worked better if they had not thrown him into the design.

HL

yeah, it looks like he was literally pasted on, white outline and all.

K

The Mickey's are even more apparent when you see the shirt in person. I went to Reyn's flagship store at Ala Moana Center this afternoon - Mickey really stands out, and you have to work hard to pick out the familiar Tiki Room characters from the busy background.

Unfortunately, I have to say that this shirt is directed at Disney fans, not Tiki lovers. If you like Disney, or Disney and Tiki, this shirt's for you. I passed.

That's no reflection on Reyn's - they make the best Aloha shirts around - I wear them almost every day. Except Aloha Friday - that's the day for polo shirts.

Yes, I agree, Mickey is really stinking up the shirt. Looks really out of place. Other than that it looks fairly kool.

Pages: 1 4 replies