Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Jab & Pab at The Lagoon Lounge, now with more visuals

Pages: 1 8 replies

P

Featuring thejab... as well as the entire staff of Chianti Restaurante... and some of my local ohana.
Pupus galore - both vegetarian and carnivorous. Drinks by the bucket, strong, mild and "non" - yet made with the discriminating care I'm known for. There will be music, water to swim in, tikis to marvel at - by TiKitOny, Lake Surfer and the incredible Basement Kahuna.

I invite all Florida Ohana to join us at the Lagoon Lounge on Saturday, THE FINAL DAY OF SEPTEMBER 2006 - beginning at 7pm and continuing until... yeah.... then. Send your RSVPs to [email protected] and I will send you directions and a list of acceptable gifts to bring before thejab. He is a Californian - and therefore extremely discriminating.

It's only a warm-up. But a sublime warm-up.

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-09-23 21:05 ]

[ Edited by: pablus 2006-10-02 06:33 ]

Way happenin' pad Pablus.

HK

I sure wish we could make it. We'll be working that night in Clearwater....damn!

Guess we'll just have to wait for the party at Unga's...or whoever happens to be hosting the Hukilau Room Jam(s).

Josh
http://www.whollyactsband.com

T

I just got back from a Palm Springs weekend and saw this. I can't wait! But please don't bring any gifts for me. If you want to bring gifts, bring them for Pablus. See you on Saturday!

HL

Sent you an email about tonight but haven't heard anything... hope I don't have to miss out again!

T

Sorry I missed out. Was searching through Mom's purse for some gas money came up with zilch !!!!
Next one I promise !!!!!

Where are the pics, man!!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Oct 2, 2006 6:44 AM

Welcome to the Lagoon Lounge:

You know that Fatutu mug you got? Here's the 6 foot prototype:

Oh my, Isn't that Basement Kahuna's first tiki? Why yes... yes it is.

And look that's a Lake Surfer:

Inspired by Eli Hedley - a large chunk of wood, sea shells, coconuts, bamboo... stuff you'd find on a beach as art:

Lots of good food - crunchy ribs - poke salad - 3 pepper, pistachio and pineapple fried rice - buncha other stuff:

Jab & Pab... and Tall Mark...with a delicious Concubine in hand:

Well, thejab brought home the rest of his porterhouse from Berns last night - so I gotta go fry a few eggs and sear the steak to give him strength for the journey to Hukilau. All in all a stellar weekend as a warm up to Hukilau. More photos later as they are given to me by others who took them.

ALOOOOOHAAAAAAA!!

Ah, El Jabbo, we miss you here on your home island, but you look like you're being treated in the syle of which you've grown accustomed.

Okole Maluna!

~T

Pages: 1 8 replies