Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Aloha in San Diego

Pages: 1 4 replies

The wahine and I are will be in San Diego October 7-9. Yes, I know, I will not be at Hukilau in my home town, but a free trip to Cali was hard to pass up. She will be attending a seminar while I will be looking to explore and hopefully catch some surf. Could use a guide - if anyone wants to get together let me know. I look forward to hearing/meeting from some of you.

H
Heath posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 6:38 AM

I'd love to, but I'm going to be in Virginia for a wedding. Sorry.

PM me. We'll do somethin'.

I blew off Hukilau and we had a great weekend in SD. That is a beautiful town full of some really cool people. I apologize for not connecting with any TC ohana but our to-do list was full with a very little time.

So I went in hopes of finding surf and this is what I got instead.

So we ended up on Mission Beach. The wife is a roller coaster junkie. There was a cheezy T-shirt shop we went into that actually had a Mai Tiki tiki in it.

Our continuing quest for entertainment led us (totally by chance) to LaJolla where we met some locals.

On Sunday night we made our way to the Bali Hai for an excellent dinner and a spectacular nightime view.

All-in-all it was a great trip. Now its back to work.

How did I miss this thread?!!

Would have loved to suck down a few with you folks at the Bali Hai.

Maybe next trip. Isn't that a great rollercoaster. It really knocks you around and the Pacific view from the crest of the first drop is cool.

Hey who's got the Mai Tiki in MB? (huh, huh this is post #420)

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-10-20 16:46 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies