Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Duke and Amy birthday getaway in So. Cal

Pages: 1 11 replies

B

Aloha!

Sorry we have been out of the loop for a while. We've been a bit overwhelmed with work, child rearing, and everything else. It's getting difficult to keep up these days.

Anyway, Duke and I are going to have a very brief escape to Southern California for our birthdays this weekend (Duke is turing the big 4-0!). We are planning to be in San Diego at the Bali Hai on Saturday the 30th, if anyone will be around and would like to come join us for a drink in the bar. It would be great to have some company, talk Tiki, and soak in the Bali Hai.

If you think you might be able to be there, please let us know before Wednesday night. I hope we can see some friendly faces while we are there.

Mahlao,
-Amy

P

Aloha and Happy Birthday.

We'll toast your good health and happiness at the Lagoon on Saturday night.

B

Thanks Pablus, and we plan to be down your way during the holiday season... hope we can get together again for drinks and music!?!
-Duke

Aloha Amy!

Al and I will be there Saturday night.

maybe

B

Thanks for the replies. We also got a couple emails asking if we were going to be in LA. Unfortunately, we don't have time to check in in LA this trip.

We expect to be at the Bali Hai after 6 or 6:30 on Saturday, and we are looking forward to hanging out with some of you locals. We should be easy to spot—two tall Tiki freaks with big smiles and aloha attire on.

-Amy

T

A ton of San Diego folks met up with Duke and Amy Saturday night.

After my fourth cocktail, I really don't recall what went on at the Bali Hai.

I know we ended up at OnaTiki and Moki's place.

Duke and Amy in full In N Out regalia.

I can never seem to keep Al out of the damn water feature.

Ric wisely decides to switch over to Diet Coke.

Reloy, our bartender.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

ModMana, Olga and Gavin

Gavin, Al, Jen and Olga

Marianne and Duke and some In N Out burgers.

Behold...The Naked Bartender.

It was a slightly strange, wonderfully fun evening.

Came back soon, Duke and Amy. It was fabulous to finally meet you.

M
Moki posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 10:06 PM

Nekkid bartenders make the best drinks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duke & Amy it was great to meet you. Hope you make it to visit us again soon.

Thanks to "Reloy" for some great mixing, Al & Kate for the burgers and Mr & Mrs Modmana for having us over for dinner before the Bali Hai meet up.

Aloha!!!

ps. Kate, we love your camera skills.

MMEE-OOWW!

classic, man, classic.

B

Wow! What a great trip! It was too short of course, and now we are back at the grind. We had a wonderful time—really enjoyed our brief stay in Palm Springs and the Bali Hai in San Diego was spectacular. It was made even better by the great folks who came out and made us feel so welcome. The hospitality and warmth extended to us was just overwhelming. It was great to meet you all. Thanks so much everyone! And the 'Ona Tiki Lounge... simply breathtaking! Even with the hairy mermaids and naked bartenders!

We will definitely be out your way again, and if you find yourselves in Chicago (Maybe you former Midwesterners miss the cold? Even just a little bit?) please give us a shout. We'd love to extend some aloha to you here.

Again, mahalo!
-Duke and Amy

Oh, and these are just a few of the fine folks we saw along the way:

A nice lady out in the desert

This bashful Southern Californian:

A curious fellow who's first name is Mr.

His colorful friend

Pele Al

Maybe he was just looking for something he lost in the cold water... oh yeah, his paper hat.

And this "Ona guy:

J

Those pics are great - Thanks for sharing!Too bad you guys didn't have any fun.

H

That pic of Al is a riot! I would have at least put him in a full body hairnet before I let him dangle and shake over the ice bucket.

That's gotta be some sort of serious health code violation.

Why am I always out of town when this shit happens? Would have loved to meet Duke and Amy in the flesh.

Pages: 1 11 replies