Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Happy Birthday Purple Jade

Pages: 1 37 replies

Happy Birthday my Delta Queen.........I know you're out there! Here's hoping you go and have a hurricane you can ENJOY! ( or 3 or 4 or....)

Happy Birthday PJ!

:) :) :) :)

Today, I'll eat a box of Sno-Caps in your honor.

-Z

M

:drink: Happy Birthday Peej!!!!!! :drink:

Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY PJ!!! You Kick Ass!!!
Love,
Spermy

T

PJ RAWKS!

Happy Birthday Jader...

B

HappyHappyHappy B-day PJ.

Missing you and hoping all is at least half back to normal for you!!

Happy Birthday Purple Jade!

I hope the coming year brings a restoration of all the good things in your life. I extend that wish to everyone who lost their homes, jobs, friends, family, and community in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

I would like to tell some of your story to the newer members of Tiki Central.

Purple Jade lives in New Orleans, and she is an artist and longtime member of Tiki Central. After the hurricane, she and her husband escaped with their lives and pets but very little else.

To help provide emergency funds, TikiFarm produced a set of Katrina mugs, utilyzing Purple Jade's designs. Much of the work, and all of the proceeds, were donated to Purple Jade. During a one-day sale, Tiki Central members helped raise over $6000.00 for her.

These mugs, which remind us to "Remember" and "Rebuild", are a true symbol of our ohana. I am very proud of the people who helped make them come about.

That experience provides a dramatic counterpoint to events that have occured on this board more recently. It shows that we have the power to do make positive changes in the lives of deserving people.

If I got any of the details wrong, or omitted anything important, please post it.

D

Ookoo lady wrote:

These mugs, which remind us to "Remember" and "Rebuild", are a true symbol of our ohana. I am very proud of the people who helped make them come about.
That experience provides a dramatic counterpoint to events that have occured on this board more recently. It shows that we have the power to do make positive changes in the lives of deserving people.

Big Birthday hugs to PJ!
Here...here...very well said Madam Ookoo!

PJ,
Happy B-day from the east.
Matt

Happy Birthday PJ

From some UK tikipeeps

P

Purple Jade,

I hope that for you this year there are mostly times of laughter and satisfaction and noble purpose.

In the immortal words of Ren and Stimpy:

HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY
HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYJOYJOYJOYYYYY

...with all of the sentiment I can exude.

Ohhh..PJ......least we forget...PIE!!!!!

Happy Birthday PJ!

I wish you a very happy birthday, PJ, and hope you can find some Poutine Pie to celebrate with. :)

..sbim

T

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Happy birthday PJ!! Hope life's returning to normal levels of insanity and there are many a fine cocktail being passed to you on your day!!

T

Happy Birthday Pie Goddess

There is PJ Birthday LOVE all over!!.....I heard "this guy" has some "magazine" he makes or something... Hey....I think I've seen the menu before....

[ Edited by: aquaorama 2006-09-27 16:27 ]

P

Happy Birthday, Lady Jade, wherever you are. Miss you.

B

Happy Birthday Auntie Jader!!!!

Happy Birthday Purple Jade.

Happy Birthday PJ :)

Happy Birthday, Purple Jade!

Show us your Birthday Beads !!!

K
Kitty posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 6:32 AM

I am so glad that I saw this post- Happy belated birthday wishes to a wonderful lady!! Hope your day was delightful, just like you are!! I eagerly await October so I can start wearing all my beautiful Purple Jade halloween jewelry.

i am worshipping the jade gooddess

J
JTD posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 6:16 PM

Happy Birthday, PJ. I sure do miss you. Where'd you go?

delete

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2006-10-10 08:36 ]

T

Not at all. PJ has been one of the strongest contributors to TC over the years.

W

Before this thread goes anywhere else: It's a thread wishin' Purple Jade HAPPY BIRTHDAY. From everything folks have told me she's a swell gal.

That said, some answers can be found here. (I include the link as the topic is locked and won't be bumped up to the top again. But it's Tiki Central history and it's a good example as to why this thread should stick to HAPPY BIRTHDAY messages.)

Again...Because sometimes again is needed...This thread should be used fer wishin' Purple Jade a HAPPY BIRTHDAY if yer so inclined. If not, here's a list of famous people with October birthdays. (Quick! There's still time to get Yo-Yo Ma a birthday card!)

V

Amen, woofmutt.

That said...
Happy birthday Purple Jade, hope all is going better.

E

Happy Birthday Purple Jade!

H

I thought I posted this already but I guess I didn't hit enter. So now it's late...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PJ!!!!

T

(And, from a relative late-comer;) Really belated-belated-belated Happy Birthday Jade!

I've been playing in the park with my Gran'Daughter and missed this post (Playing in the Park for 2 weeks? You betcha!).

Happy Birthday, little PJ!

wow, her birthday is lasting a long time...

T

She like da Energizer Bunny!

Pages: 1 37 replies