Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Trilogy by Finkdaddy (new background colors)

Pages: 1 7 replies

This is my first attempt to sell something through the Marketplace forum, so I hope I do this right.

I'm doing a limited run of 10 resin cast tikis mounted as a wall plaque. The backdrop is created from old aloha shirts and the bamboo frame is the actual bamboo taken from the Mai Kai bar that use to be located in Milwaukee a number of years ago. The tiki itself is a resin cast tiki of one that I carved myself and is painted to look like stained wood. I should mention that not all of the backdrops will look the same since I can only get 2 out of a shirt. The overall dimensions are about 6" by 20", with the tips of the frame reaching out to about 9".

The plaque pictured below is the only one that is completely finished, but the rest should be done by the beginning of next week.

I'm selling them for $40 a piece plus shipping. If I get a good response I'll cast more, but I want to see if anyone is interested first. :wink: Just PM me if you want one.

Mahalo! :D

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-09-30 06:03 ]

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-09-30 06:04 ]

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-10-04 18:57 ]

Hey... thats cool.

Fantastic detail. Nice and tiny.....

Thanks Monkey man. That means a ton comming from a detail expert like yourself. :D

Aloha! I'm lowering the price on these to $40 in the hopes that I can drum up a little extra Hukilau money. :drink: :wink: The other 9 should be finished this afternoon, so I'll post pics as I get them mounted.

Thank you so much for looking!

F

Here are some pics of final pieces. If anyone wants a tiki by itself too, that would be cool by me. :wink:

Thanks for looking!

T

How much would the tiki be by themselves?

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 4, 2006 7:47 PM

This one is my favourite :) And engrained tiki mana from the bamboo and shirt too :)

F

Thanks Hewey! Yeah, my family really likes that one too. :blush: That may be a one of a kind because I couldn't get the same effect from the rest of the shirt.

How did the move go?

Pages: 1 7 replies