Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Who are you looking forward to meeting for the first time in person at Hukilau?

Pages: 1 25 replies

So many of us will be meeting some of our fellow TC'ers for the first time in person, so I thought it'd be fun for us all to share what "new friends" we're looking forward to meeting face-to-face for the first time.

Personally, I am looking forward to meeting Ben Davis, Freddie Ballsomic & Flounder.

Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2006-09-27 17:44 ]

T

Jeff Berry

I

Another vote for Jeff Berry.
Otto's new kid, only known to me as Baby X.
Are there any new bartenders in the Molokai bar?

Vern

D

i'm looking forward to meeting Ken Pleasant, he lives in WA like me, but our paths will not cross till we travel all the way to florida!

Barbara!!

LOL!!! Formica!!

Actually looking forward to meeting the Warm Water!!!

( if that counts!!!) ( Arrrrrr!!!)

On 2006-09-27 20:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
LOL!!! Formica!!

Actually looking forward to meeting the Warm Water!!!

( if that counts!!!) ( Arrrrrr!!!)

Robots rust in water! I 'm thinking the same thing Ben.

FAA says no more than 3oz. shampoo but WD-40 is a go!!
WooooooooooHooooooooooo.
XXXOOO
Ivy

I'm actually looking forward to meeting (or should I say re-meeting) quite a few of the ohana. Unfortunately, I've been lurking behind a camera so long I forget to actually speak to people which leads to the old, "Who is that mean bald dude with the camera?" routine. Seriously, I don't bite.... I'm actually quite nice. (I think!)

I'm especially looking forward to chatting with Flounder (heck, I own a piece of his artwork and I've never met the guy!) um... Bamboo Ben, Otto, Big Bro. The re-meets include Waitiki (I've got a ton of video for 'em!), the Intoxicators, and TikiTony. (to name a few)

Aloha, see ya'll there! (or here I guess)

G

I'm personally looking forward to getting acquainted with the Black Magic in the Molokai. We haven't yet met face to face, but I'm sure it will be love at first sight.

P

You people only THINK you want to meet Flounder.
It's an experience that you may never recover from.

I'm looking forward to meeting whoever it is I haven't met yet.
I'll be the fat guy on the beach with the uke.
Bring me a drink and I'll be your uke monkey.

If Chongo is coming I want to hang with him for sure.
I missed him by a few minutes at the ukefest a few years ago.

I'm just kidding about Flounder, btw.
Mostly.

S

I wanna meet all those people who say they have been to Hukilau two or three or whatever times and I don't know them yet. I have met all the regulars around here at some point, but there are so many folks that have been around and managed not to cross my path. Loki for sure.

I wanna meet the Mrs. Smogbreather... Is she coming?

On 2006-09-28 07:37, pablus wrote:
You people only THINK you want to meet Flounder.
It's an experience that you may never recover from.

I'm looking forward to meeting whoever it is I haven't met yet.
I'll be the fat guy on the beach with the uke.
Bring me a drink and I'll be your uke monkey.

If Chongo is coming I want to hang with him for sure.
I missed him by a few minutes at the ukefest a few years ago.

I'm just kidding about Flounder, btw.
Mostly.

Pabby,

Can you bring a life vest to the beach so we don't have to worry about how we're going to rescue you!! ( you freaked us out 2 years ago...that night....in the am's....)

I'm looking forward to meeting Halibut!!

p.s. Danny,
Drink Mutiny's at the Mai Kai then swim all night !!! It's be-u-ti-ful!!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-09-28 07:57 ]

T

BUNGY.

I was talking about this last night. I glad to get a chance to be able to just hang out with all the TC ohana I serve at FI.

But more than that, I'm really excited to meet my East Coast Ohana on their stomping grounds. I look foward to making those face-to-face connections.

I'm also looking forward to meeting that crazy guy who is taking a Friday night red-eye, arriving Saturday morning and then flying out again early Sunday morning. Oh wait... that's me!

H

I'm looking forward to meeting all sorts of people, but what I'm really hoping for is that this year, I won't get home and find that I missed meeting some TCers while there.

A fantastic way to get to meet lots of folks is by volunteering, especially at the registration table. It's easy, and a lot of fun (and you sometimes get a sneek peek at the vendor area, and other special treats):

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20154&forum=&11

Somehow I managed to read the following as "face-to-ground connections" and thought sounds like some of us... (well, me)

On 2006-09-28 10:34, Haole'akamai wrote:

But more than that, I'm really excited to meet my East Coast Ohana on their stomping grounds. I look foward to making those face-to-face connections.

Needless to say, I've been in front of a computer for entirely too long!

Driving through 6 states to bring the Tikis of the Midwest to South Florida!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again... and meeting new faces!

A fun part of vending is meeting everyone who passes by your table.

L
Loki posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 6:33 AM

Looking forward to meeting anyone dressed in Aloha garb.

T

On 2006-09-28 12:34, smogbreather wrote:
I'm also looking forward to meeting that crazy guy who is taking a Friday night red-eye, arriving Saturday morning and then flying out again early Sunday morning. Oh wait... that's me!

Holden that stinks dude. I was hoping to hang out instead of a couple of minutes on the fly because your always so busy. Oh well, thats what happens when your popular. I'll have some mai tai's for you.

There are 3 people I definitely need to go face to face with....That is Mr. HoldenWestland...Brother from another Mother.
Karbora...Most beautiful woman I have never seen.
And KennyP.(Kiegs) I think I have talked to you more than I talked to my ex-wife..
LOL
LIve-it
LOve-it
FBalls

anyone and everyone, willing to talk or listen to this wandering soul...Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

I have been to 5 of the 6 Tiki Oasis and it has always be my experience that I will run into old friends and make several new friends. This is my first trip to Hukilau, looking forward to both. I am volunteering this year, so I will likely run into lots of you.

Zulu

K

No one has greater passion for life and tiki than FreddieBallsomic. It is a beautiful thing! I can't think of a better venue to meet anyone than the 50th anniversary of the Mai Kai and 5th Hukilau.

The festivities, hanging out with FB, getting to meet Bungy, meeting up with the Florida Ohana which is ALWAYS tops and seeing the other TCers that I have had the pleasure of getting to know at tiki events throughout the year.....could there BE any more to look forward to?

I fear that there will not be enough hours in the day...but I will do my best to make everyone of them count :)

Karbora

R

Those crazy Italians, that Crazy Al, all the smokin' wahinies, all my west coast pals that can make it, the other east coast ohana, the Ohio gang, and all the wonderful friends I made there last year. Humuhumu is spot on about meeting folks through volunteering, so contact the Pugs or TK and sign-up.

Pages: 1 25 replies