Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Can I use anyones Tiki Pics on a website?

Pages: 1 17 replies

K
Kana posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 8:46 PM

I would like to ask permision to use anyones tikis or Hawaiian weapons on my site http://www.mythichawaii.com I'm making a new section about modern tiki carvers and would love to feature some of your works.

Credit will be given to the artist of course!

Mahalo!

P

i think people would like to know about the legalities and more about you since you just joined this site. i know, i for one, would like to have more exposure. just asking is not quite enough for me to give away my images, sorry. for one thing my server is mine, and i don't want someone else utilizing the bandwidth without my permission.

no anger or hostility meant. just addressing something i thought others might be thinking.

your site is pretty cool. i like it.

K

feel free!!!

B

Kana, first, Welcome to TC, glad to have you aboard. If you find any of my pic's that fit your pourpos, you are welcome to them and if you would like larger resolution, just let me know. help yourself.
Benzart

Feel free to use my stuf as well.

On 2006-09-27 21:07, pdrake wrote:
i think people would like to know about the legalities and more about you since you just joined this site. i know, i for one, would like to have more exposure. just asking is not quite enough for me to give away my images, sorry. for one thing my server is mine, and i don't want someone else utilizing the bandwidth without my permission.

no anger or hostility meant. just addressing something i thought others might be thinking.

your site is pretty cool. i like it.

I do beleive that if images are freely posted on the web, than anyone can use them, so long as credit is given.

Use mine as well, I'd be flattered if someone used mine

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Sep 28, 2006 12:33 PM

Ditto for Gman. I can provide larger images as well. If you use any of my pieces, please reference Greg Fairclough of sahmaysan.com :)

-G

[ Edited by: GMAN 2006-09-28 12:50 ]

Hey Kana...
Nice website...great info! You can use my images too if you want to...althought my carvings
are about as "Hawaiian" as Johnny Winter.

M

Kana,

Your site is very cool. I don't think I have anything up to par for photography except my mug collection (some pretty rare) Feel free. Ask for whatever.

Mahalo

McTiki

Firstly, Conga, Johnny Winter is known and respected for having been crapped out of a volcano as a piece of ash.

All kidding aside, I'd love to see some of my own stuff on someone else's website, particularly an informative one like yours. I have already started ripping off, er, researching some of the pics on the site for new design ideas.

first of all welcome to the site here. its a good place with good people as im sure you already know. i dont have a problem if you would like to post mine. i know im not "up there" in skill but still wouldent mind it.

great luck on your site.

First, welcome to TC.

Second, I don't have much to offer but you are welcome to any and all of it. (www.eaoli.com)

Then....

On 2006-09-28 09:22, superTiki wrote:
I do beleive that if images are freely posted on the web, than anyone can use them, so long as credit is given.

As a member of the Graphic Artists Guild I strongly support the Ask First mentality, so thank you to Kana for asking first. And then, Supertiki is correct only if the images are given freely. If the images are not given, they are not fair game and just because they are on the web does not mean they are automatically given.

OK, I will step down off of my soap box now. I apologize for going all legal like there, but in my own defense I am out of limes at the moment and I am really hard up for a Mai Tai. :wink:

P

i really hope i didn't come off hard. i think it's great that you asked first. that puts you way above most people. i just think a couple of questions need to be addressed.

who's server will they live on.
will they be taken off that server to be used in ways that were not intended.

that's all i was really worried about.

mahalo!

T

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d608b3127cce8c90985857c200000016100AZtWLZm2ZsWJg

E.T. Charges a case of Tuna and some of those crunchy things !

K
Kana posted on Mon, Oct 2, 2006 6:01 PM

Mahalo All!

Thanks for the compliments and go ahead and use ideas from the site in future works.

To answer some questions...

1. They will be posted on my secure server only used by myself. I use the same firewall as the CIA. (I think, they won't tell me for sure.) They could be nadded just like anything else posted on the net (secretly right clicking on images). If you want your photo posted with it or any other info you can contact me with a personal message or from the email on my site (http:www.mythichawaii.com).

Anyhow, I have some work to do now! Thanks again, The Tiki God of Tiki culture scowls lovingly upon you. What a great community.

Kana

K
Kana posted on Mon, Oct 2, 2006 7:41 PM

Love your work too everyone! - by the way

TD

hey kana i took a look a the site the other day and i really like it. good info and really put together well

great stuff you got on there

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.