Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Lono Lounge Re-Opening Party!!

Pages: 1 37 replies

To the TC Ohana:

Mahalo for being there for us after our house fire.

The outpouring of love & support got us through a very difficult time. And now its time to pay you back:

Mugs from Tiki Farm, live music by Waitiki, food from the Panda Garden, and cocktails by the Bargoyle.

If you need lodging info or have any questions, please PM me.

EVERYONE is invited!!!!

B

sorry this is so hard to read.

It looked cool on paper, I swear.

Sat. Oct 21st 2pm to whenever

527 Merrow rd
tolland, ct 06084

Bring your own lawn chair, everything else will be provided.
Park on the lawn (no room on street)

RSVP by sending me a PM

B

Just a few weeks left. I hope everyone isn't tiki'd out after HuKeLau.

Mugs from Tiki Farm arrived today.....
Pretty sick selection....

Cant wait!!

Hope to see everyone there!!

you know that two from Maine will be there. :)

J

I'm all Tiki'ed out after the Hukilau man. LOL - You bet we'll be there!!! Sitters are already taken care of.

I will be there, as will Sumitomo. In official capacity, of course.

[ Edited by: The Mayor Of Exotica 2006-10-13 09:35 ]

I'm taking a night off from work 'cause this is gonna be great!
And I didn't get to go to Hukilau, so this IS my Hukilau!!! Can't wait!!!

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2006-10-13 09:54 ]

Can't wait for the Bargoyle's Lono Lounge re-opening! My first northeast tiki event! Looking forward to meeting you all and extinguishing my "missing the Hukilau" blues.
I just hope I wear the right shoes!

B

jp,

wear boots. I own a dog....

a big dog...

heh heh.

Just kidding, I'll be on "landmine" duty sat am, so nothing to worry about.

Snacks & such will be out at 2:00...

Waitiki will be playing two sets, 1 hour each at 4:00 and 6:00, but if you want your choice of mugs, get here closer to 2:00....if you come too early, I'm putting ya to work!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Now, regarding the mugs, be kind to those who come from far far away. :wink:

..sbim

mugs, did someone say mugs? :D have a great time at your re-opening, bargoyle.

hey Bargoyle! glad you're up n running again! take plenty of pictures, and send me copies of anything that we can blackmail SBIM with!

On 2006-10-13 09:31, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
I will be there, as will Sumitomo. In official capacity, of course.

I was wondering if Sumitomo was going to make an appearance....

Now thats just icing on the cake!

cant wait

On 2006-10-16 23:06, dogbytes wrote:
.... and send me copies of anything that we can blackmail SBIM with!

What happens at the Bargoyle's, stays at the Bargoyle's.

Will definately post pics. Hoping to get some more of the bar build-out up, but seeing as how the bar still isnt ready, and there's only a few days left, all my free time is going to building....

I work well under pressure though. It'll all come together...

I don't mind admitting that I'm as giddy as a school girl!

B

Aloha Bargoyle - We hope your party goes well - it sounds like you went all out and it will be a great time!

We are New Englanders now located in NYC and just recently getting into "organized" tiki (very loose usage there). Just got back from Hukilau last week and can't believe there are so many tikis in the northeast. Looking forward to meeting you and all the others at some point.

Take care

B

Thanks birdgirl. If you get the itch, you're more than welcome to head on up.

Two days left....waaaaay too much work to do. Think I'm gonna take tmrw off from work to get it all knocked out.

A heads up to those who havent been to my place before....the road I'm on is heavily traveled, and FAST, and there's no real room to park on the street.

There's a street called Walbridge Hill (I'm the second driveway on the left after it) that you can park on, or pull on into my driveway and make a hard left onto the lawn.

See everyone saturday afternoon!

Sully (The Bargoyle)

[ Edited by: bargoyle 2006-10-19 11:48 ]

B

A plea for help!!

Nobody is stocking Demerra Rum anymore!! Cant get the special order until tuesday!!!

I have one bottle of 80 proof, and thats it.

I could use another bottle of 80 and at least one 151.

Anybody got a supplier?

Please let me know. I'll gladly reimburse you when you get to the party.

Post here or PM me if you can hook it up. Thanks.

See everyone tmrw!!

Only place I know is Kappy's in Saugus (down street from da Kowloon). No way I can get there before Sat.

I've got half a bottle of Lemon Hart Demerara, and I'll bring it.

Couldn't find any at local liquor stores at all!

B

It's ok Granite. Don't wanna pilfer from your bar to feed mine.

I've got one full bottle of 80, its the 151 I was looking for (bunch of drinks I like in the grog log that require it).

Tiki Mortis gave me a lead, but I don't know if I'll have time to get there.

If not, I've still got enough rum & mixers to kill the whole lot of us.

5 1/2 hours until the grand re-opening. Much to do, much to do.

See everyone here!!

Pilfer Schmilfer. I'll bring it just in case!

Departing for Tolland soon!

WOW! I can't believe I survived last night! Somehow Bargoyle really did talk Waitiki into playing his backyard yesterday and somehow most of us stayed vertical long enough to enjoy them. Thank you, Bargoyle and Waitiki for the best tiki event since, well, the Hukilau but anyway--what a great time! For those of you who missed your shot at a free Waitiki concert and a free mug--what were you thinking? You should have flown in from wherever you were!!!

Kate, Granite Tiki and John (jpmartdog) in the Lono Lounge

Free mugs!

John chooses his mug.

That's Carl, Tiki Greg and wife Kathleen

Waitiki!

Johnman, Missy & SB

Waitiki movies (.MOV files--use Apple's Quicktime Player )

MOVIE

MOVIE

That was a great party, Sully! Thank you for being such a gracious host!

And the Lono Lounge looks fantastic in person!

Pappy, thanks for tending bar and not using any of your newfound knowledge from your bartending class. :wink:

It was fantastic to see so many of the new englanders in one place. Now, I guess the planning begins on my little party...

--sbim

Thanks to everyone for comming out to our little shindig. It was great to see everyone.

Big mahaloz to tikigreg for running the bar, and to pappy for doing pretty much EVERYTHING (he came over at 10am & helped me build the stage, clean, rake leaves...you name it) It wouldn't have gone off without you man. Can't thank ya enough.

And of course, thanks to Waitiki for another amazing show. I dont think I want to ever have another party without them. A great group of guys and fantastic musicians to boot.

OK, I gotta go deal with a hangover and start cleaning up this place..... anyone want leftover chinese food?

Wow what a great event! Thanks so much Bargoyle and Ms. Bargoyle for bringing us all together! The Lono Lounge is back! It looks great and I believe it was properly broken in. Everything was perfect (well maybe we could have used about 40 more degrees in temperature - but us New Englanders are tough!) Thanks for the Mug! The food was great! and the entertainment!........ Waitiki! I still can't believe they are from Boston! Go to this YouTube link to see the Waitiki Antics - and you gotta see "Sumitori Superman" at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDtIwDeyjGM

and here is some more of the sights

Our Lovely Hostess

Pappy at the helm!

Kate and Granite Tiki

Granite believes in power naps!

Waitiki in beautiful New England

If there is a heaven - I found it!

I forgot to mention - This is how I feel today.......

Burp!

I forgot to post a pic of Sully (Bargoyle). That's him in the Hawaiian shirt on the right.

Thanks for the time, Sully. I don't have to drink again at all this month!

P.S. I'll take some of that white rice if any's left.

Good times, good times. It was wonderful to meet some more of the TC New England chapter, and to see Sully and Jess again! The Lono Lounge looks great, restored impeccably to it's former glory. Just wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the sweet tunes pumped out by those wacky Waitiki dudes.

Kath & I had a great time, and hope we can hook up with you folks again in the future!

K

Mahaloz! for the movies...
Looks like everyone had a great time! Wish I were there, no wait, too cold! Guess I'd have to drink ALOT of rum to keep warm (spoiled Florida girl) ;p

J

Whew - made it out of another Bargoyle party alive (barely!). Thanks so much for another killer party man. I know it had to have been good when I woke up in the hotel this morning yet don't recall how I got there. What the heck were we drinking???

The Lono Lounge is back and it looks better than before - outstanding work Bargoyle.

WAITIKI was a blast as usual. Thanks again for throwing another incredible show.

Pics coming tomorrow evening - stay tuned.

W

hola Tolland, CT!

WAITIKi had a BLAST at this party = i hope we can do another in the future. this was our first private tiki party and man, so cool. great Grog, mugs, and people - nice to put faces and names together. and the mugs -very nice!

oh yea, and we appreciated the space heaters too. come out to Ryles tuesday night if you didn't get enough!

okonkuluku!
WAITIKI

Unreal fun! Thank you Bargoyle!!!!!

WAITIKI was phenomenal!

SOOO very nice to meet so many of you face to face!

This community is going to have a lot of fun!

The Lono Lounge is so inspiring and beautiful!

B

JP, just watched the vid you put up on you tube...

WOW!!! you got alot of video!! Nice job!!

Thanks for posting it.

J

Some more pics from the Lono Lounge Re-Opening Party!

WAITIKI performing in the tropical paradise that is Tolland, CT

Laughing Boy on the drums

The Mayor and The Professor

Sumitori!

The Mayor and Mr. Ho relaxing at the bar

JP enjoying his stay in heaven

The Granite Tiki, his lovely wahine Kate and the mysterious bug man

Bargoyle preparing another delicious cocktail (Pappy taking a break in the back)

SBiM and my my beautiful wife looking on as Bargoyle and I attack a bowl of "who knows what".
This was the part of the evening where the senses were really dulled!

Many many thanks again to Bargoyle for a fantastic evening. Look forward to doing it again!

It was also a true pleasure to be with the NE Ohana. I can't wait until our next adventure!

Aloha!
Johnman

Bargoyle - feeling better? I am, but suffering withdrawals from rum! My head is still spinning with the great memories!
Johnman - great pics, nice to meet you and your wife!
SBIM - Alright call me a drunk, but I didn't meet you - sorry/ next time we'll share a scorpion bowl
Granite - thanks for the bump on the painting thread - Hope to see you around the NH hood! Soon!
Tiki Greg - Lets meet next time.... without the early departure for a Bar Mitzva! LOL
Pappy - I hope my art can be part of your tiki lounge!
Waitiki - The best new Exotica band!....... and from Boston, Go Figure! Great guys! Wicked Pissa!

So NE Tc-ers - how can we top this! It'll be fun trying!

Yes indeed, Bargoyle knows how to do it right, starting with the Lono, both in appearance and in content. I refer of course to the drink part. I was most impressed! The food, the company, all first rate!

Thank you, Bargoyle! My only regret was that I had to leave so soon. I originally planned to wake up late the next morning under the pinball machines. Oh well! Next time!

Oh, and did I mention the drinks? First rate!!! Makes our job so easy!

That was the Spindrift. How did I remember that? By not having any. Notice from where Bargoyle is getting his!

Pages: 1 37 replies