Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXVII SATURDAY September 30th!!

Pages: 1 4 replies

SATURDAY September 30th, 2006 10PM No Cover

This month for edition 27 of Tiki Taix we will be meeting on the last SATURDAY night for a change. Our beloved lounge will host a film premiere party on our normal night...but that won't stop us! Come by on Saturday for a change and see:

Clay Allen, Professor of Uke for the Jumpin' Flea Circus Players of Los Angeles, will be bringing his ukulele to Tiki Taix and sharing with us a musical luau in four strings. Originally from Chicago, he now lives on LA's Most Tiki Mountain: MT. Washington! Welcome to the musical world of Clay Allen.

AND

In celebration of Crazy Al's Ten Year Retrospective show at La Luz De Jesus gallery in Hollywood, (8-11PM FRI. Oct. 13) Crazy Al will give us a sneak peek at his Tiki #3 Limited Edition Mug! Not available until the La Luz De Jesus show, this sneak peek will be your only chance to see up close what this limited edition will look like. We'll also be showing the Crazy Al King Kukulele Coco Phone created in 1998 for the King's stage show, not seen in public since Tiki Oasis 3!

PLUS

Back from the mountaintop, it's Iuka Grogg of the Mai Kai Gents! In the middle of harvest season no less! After too long, he is back to bring a little musical Aloha to the Tiki Taix audience. We'll hear a little bit about the latest adventures of the Mai Kai Gents featuring the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa. Iuka Grogg will also give us an update on upcoming Northern California tiki events!

Also

After months abroad working in Germany, Sven Kirsten will give us a long distance telephone interview regarding the release of his follow up book to the Book of Tiki. Still in production, if this next release proves to be as influential as the groundbreaking Book Of Tiki, then we all can look forward to another entertaining masterpiece. If you won't be seeing Sven at the Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale then you can ask your questions at Tiki Taix!

AND

King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis (or some of them) will play a few mellow and moody tunes with the help of jazz flute legend Ron Burgundy (pending availability) and/or the Duke of Flute Duke Kukulele bringing you the mellow moods of Quiet Village and Lullabye of Birdland among others.

PLUS

News From King's Highway! Take a look at the month in Tiki! August always seems to be the busiest month of the year for us. This year two of the big events were caught on film and now you can take a look at what all the Hub-bub was about. Featuring August 5th at the Mission Tiki Drive-in's Tiki Invasion and August 18, 19, 20th at the Catalina Tiki Fest.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

Hey King!!

Is C'Al really gonna manage the Lemoi Lanai (sp??!!!)

that would be soooool coooool!!!

Sorry, got to miss your gig. Have to build a pine wood derby tiki space ship with a Boyscout of mine.

But, you can sell me Girlscout cookies in the future!!

Rock on man!!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 5:40 PM

Unfortunately Denny will not be able to make it, but he is sending a replacement instead.

Grog - you are man!
But of course, King Kukulele, you are the King Baby!
I'm gonna' try to git over to Echo Park sat.
Tiki Shark~

CA

i should be bring some tid-bits from my up-coming show... maybe one of the first tiki projects i worked on 14 years ago, i just picked it up from one of my band mates in SF this last gig... my first complete Tiki!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-09-30 12:36 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies