Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Not tiki - but tiki related now

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

I know this isn't exactly tiki related, but my wife gave me a GREAT and unusual gift this Christmas and I wanted to share it with the group. She happened upon this old (1961) Zenith console stereo at a antique store in New Orleans. It's really a compact unit (only 3 feet wide & 12 inches deep) that works fantastic and has a lot of really cool features: modern Danish styling, fold out turntable, original owners manual and check out the fold out speakers!

This baby is now proudly displayed in my tikiroom / bar. Now I can listen to my Lyman & Denny records the way they are suppose to be heard, in "Stereophonic High Fidelity" while sipping a Mai Tai! Let me know what you think.

Tikirob

your gal is a keeper!,coolstuff!.

Man, that's a great looking system. I've got a Danish modern '62 Grundig that is still in the repair shop, but I like your setup even better. I've been waiting to spin some exotica on my unit since I bought it, so I bettter call the repair guy and see what's up. Tell your Wahine way to go!

S

I was in a thrift store many years ago and looking at one of those big old cabinet stereos. It had a "Volume" knob, a "Tone" knob, and an "Intensity" knob! I can just see some really stoned dude saying, "Whoa man, turn down the intensity on that Pink Floyd!" I really wanted a stereo with an intensity knob. Put on some Gleason and turn up the Intensity and weep and weep!

I envy your swank console stereo!Whay a great gift!
And did the intensity knob go to "11"???

D

Zaaazzzz!

D

What a beauty...Congrats

Pages: 1 6 replies