Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Pre-Hukilau at the Mai-Kai, Wednesday, October 4

Pages: 1 16 replies

For those heading to our wonderful state for the Hukilau, we would like to invite you to our "Tradition of Pre-Hukilau".....

Wednesday, October 4th, before the Hukilau officially begins, we are gathering anyone and everyone who is in town to join us at the Mai-Kai. For the last three years it has been considered the Party before the Party. This year it promises to be as much, and possibly more, fun than the actual Hukilau! Well, maybe not more fun.... But still a chance to see the Mai-Kai in a more intimate setting, the way the Local O'hana get to see it (yes I am rubbing it in.... :wink: ).

So, if your travel plans have you in town on Wednesday, or you can change your plans to get in on Wednesday, please join us in the Molokai Bar at the Mai-Kai. You can't miss us, we are the ones wearing aloha shirts and drinking! Bring your uke for an un-official Mai-Kai Uke Jam!

And for the locals, this means you! We need to be there to show the out-of-towner's how we do Aloha down here in Florida! Join us in our "Adopt-a-Tourist" program and chat up some of our visitors. Tell them who we are and what we have, remind them that there is more to Florida than just Oranges and Hurricanes!

Who wants a Mai Tai?

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2006-10-01 09:48 ]

H
Helz posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 11:15 AM

Consider us there already...as a Florida Ohana Alumnus, I'm purely giddy with anticipation (as is Rita). And Pop (and Mom) will be there as well.

We might even have a few goodies with us....

L
Loki posted on Sun, Oct 1, 2006 11:29 AM

Count Stump Grinder and myself in. Can't wait to see and meet some new faces. Most of all we cant wait to see Helz and Rita again. It's gonna be a long weekend.

Thanks for posting this Chip - and just to make it even better - that's the night I Belli arrive from Italy and Pep Torres arrives from California and the boys from Ape right behind them!!! I'm sure this will be a great start to the weekend !

O

You can count me in on this one!

I'm pretty sure I'll have the camera in hand ready to catch some of the preliminary Hukilau action for posterity's sake! (wink-wink)

Plus, I believe there will be a little surprise on my knoggin too!

T

Me & the Wahine "newbies", will be @ the Mai Kai Wed. night will come to the bar. We have pre-scheduled events in Florida so can not make the formal 2006 Hukilau Events. We also plan to catch the floor show Wed. night also!

Mahalo, Thortiki

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:29:38 ]

How much is a taxi from Miami Beach?

Anyone else going from Miami Beach?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-10-01 20:28 ]

I'm looking forward to getting things kicked off Wednesday night! See you all then...

Jimi

HC

we fly in about 11 PM ......probably too late?.......if so we're looking foward to meeting on thurs......aloha!

Wow, I'm very jealously sending my regrets. I Belli, Ape, the preparty... Very tempting. I am unable to make it down until Saturday am. Hopefully I'll catch it next year!

we'll be there!!! what time do the festivities start at the mai kai?

On 2006-10-03 10:16, heelgrinder wrote:
we'll be there!!! what time do the festivities start at the mai kai?

Happy Hour starts at 5 pm. The party is going to last until they chase us off.

When will they actually chase us off? Well, we are in the "Between" season, the summer visitors have left and the winter visitors aren't here yet. That means that by 10 o'clock we will most likely be the only guests of the Mai-Kai.

Long story short (too late!), if you can't make it until later in the evening, call the Mai-Kai and see what is still going on and if it is worth the trip over from the hotel. It would be a bummer for you to arrive just as we are staggering out of the door....

yOU aLL SUCK!!!

wE'LL BE THERE wITH BeLLS ON

tHURSDAY EVE FO SURE!!!

P.S. dON'T SAY HI!!

I've told I Belli and Ape to bring some uke's and such so it sure is warmin' up to be quite somethin' on Wednesday. See everyone there!

T

My raft just floated in to the Clipper. The winds were just right and I floated in right on schedule.

Talked with Kiliki and she reports plans are progressing swimmingly.

Looking forward to seeing all the earlies at the get-together tonight at the Mai Kai.

Safe travel to all those coming or currently in transit.

Balmy regards from the Florida Coast,

TB

S
Sabina posted on Wed, Oct 4, 2006 2:43 PM

We're going to most likely miss the Mai Kai tonight, but we may be around the Wreck bar later on in the evening. With luck we'll stumble across Tikiphiles somewhere :)

Pages: 1 16 replies