Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki fridge magnets, Tiki Pin, etc.

Pages: 1 32 replies

T

Got some crazy new stuff up! Im really enjoying working with this glaze paint - it makes the pins/magnets/ornaments look like real mugs!

Ze Magnets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2152367856

Ze Pin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2152361751

D

You have magic fingers! Fu Man Chu must be mine! :D

T

Yes, the pins are really really fun to make - Fu Man Chu was my first foray into making a pin, and I also did one that looks like the tiki tiki yokohama mug (the one with the boobs) that I think I will keep - though I may make more of her cause she is so swank. My only concern is if I am stepping on the toes of any of the people who designed these mugs - I think not, as I'm not making MUGS I am making pins to look like the mugs, but I would appreciate your input on this ethical debate nonetheless.

Ooooh, I really like the magnets. You've outdone yourself yet again. I'm biddin', baby!

Sheesh! How do I always get in the middle of the copy write schpeel? Ancient chinese proverb say...toes...shmoes!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-12-31 00:20 ]

D

I had to bid since I didn't know who the other bidder was-something"mama" on the pin. Hope it wasn't another tiki central member. You're very creative Tikifish. I still get comments on my painting all the time and my boyfriend loved the clock I just got. I really enjoy all your pieces. My your new year be inspired even more. Anything going on with the purses you mentioned earlier?

Grrrrr! May the best bidder win! :P

Uh oh. I guess I owe mrtikibar an apology -- I thought it was a faux pas to swoop in at the last second against a TCer, but I thought it was ok to bid against them.

What's the consensus? I want tikifish to get as much money for them as she can, personally, but I also don't want to cheat a fellow TCer out of something.

Very nice! Are you planning to make more of the Fu Manchu?

I will probably bid as well so I hope that doesn't upset anyone!

Divy, I'm out! :cry: but I hope I helped Tikifish get a little profit! :D

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-12-31 11:18 ]

You know - you could really make these into hair accessories! I would love to wear the Fu Manchu in my red hair!

Humuhumu,
No problem. It's a fair auction and just getting the first bid in shouldn't disqualify all other TCers. But I really wanted those magnets (sniff..sigh). Just kidding. Hey, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

T

I'll look into making hair accessories - I guess I could look for the blank hair clip backings at Michaels like I found the pins... however Michaels is verrrry faaaaaaar away so it won't be anytime too soon, unless I can track down another supplier - Ebay? Hmm!

As for a duplicate Fu Man Chu - maybe! I don't want to make the same thing twice but maybe I'll make another FU Man Chu. I'll change the umbrella or garnish or something!

It's very cool to see you all like my little tiki creations. Every sale helps go towards the purchase of a house with a basement so I can build Toronto's best (if not first) home tiki bar. Yes, I am seriously trying to raise a downpayment by selling things on Ebay!

D

Just wanted to say as far as bidding against me I could care less. May the best bidder win. I know some people get pretty nasty about that sort of thing-not me. A auction is open to everyone in my book.

D

Hey Tikifish-I sure you could find some plain hair clips at maybe a dollar store or something like that. Ours here has a craft section and I've seen some hair clips that you could use since they're real plain. Or a fabric shop has them also. You didn't say anything about the purses? Anything on those.

T

Well your post got me going on that again - yesterday I found some bamboo handles and this morning I made a Tiki Bob charm to hang off the purse handle... I just gotta figure out which one of these vintage shirts to cut up for the fabric....

(cue sound of Trader Woody screaming)

Tikifish,

Micheal's and JoAnne's is where I buy all my supplies when I make my hair accessories. The sivler clips would be good. Let me know of your progress!

D

It's all good! :D I hope I didn't imply it was anything but good auction fun, no hate here! I love seeing creative ways people can incorporate Tiki into there everyday life. Great idea about the hair clips, if I can't get Mr. Foo Man Chu (after holidays bank account 0.00) I hope one of my Tiki Central sisters will be lucky enough to own it! Happy New Year! :tiki:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-01-01 14:40 ]

D

Oh no DawnTiki I didn't mean to imply that either, it's all good here too;-)

[ Edited by: divychic on 2003-01-01 14:41 ]

H
hartt posted on Thu, Jan 2, 2003 9:40 AM
H
hartt posted on Thu, Jan 2, 2003 9:50 AM

Very cool. I did a bunch of magnets a while back. Including this moai one.
http://www.denariusdesign.com/html/tiki.html (it's about halfway down the page).
Mmmm, I should put some of them up on ebay.

Also, I have a few oversized paintings up here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=934839484&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1 and here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=934839014&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Warm Regards,

John

[ Edited by: hartt on 2003-01-02 09:53 ]

T

Tikifish thats a great pin! Would you consider making a puppy dog moai pin for me? If you put it on Ebay I promise to bid...I am in Canada and I am signed up for paypal. I would love to have one of your pins and am glad to see you doing so well! Have you thought of doing a discarded mattress pin?

T

If I put up a discarded mattress pin, who would want it? Becuase you KNOW I wouldnt be able to resist putting a pee-stain on it. Maybe I should. It would be very surrealist of me.

As for Puppy Ear Penis Moai... well, I just don't think I could do it justice...

H

You inspired me Tikifish to do something with my fimo clay that has been sitting untouch. I made a bunch for my bar fridge last weekend. So Thanks for giving another gal some creative inspiration.

I would love to see more of yours Hartt, the Moai was cool ! (I really dig your large paintings)

And Fartsatune I did do a Puppy Dog Moai, I have it on my fridge now but I can do another for ya.

[ Edited by: HETO-TIKI on 2003-01-08 14:33 ]

I would love one!! Its fantastic! Please pm me with the cost and your mailing address. I will send some money right away...very pleased....love your work!

D

Oh My Gawd! These are great! You guys are so creative!

D

You guys amaze me at how talented you are. Everyones artwork looks fantastic!

T

That's some fine fimo-wrangling! How big are those magnets? Or do you just have reaaaly tiny hands?

I don't know how you do it girlie, you constantly amaze me!
I know for a fact that she has normal size but very talented hands, I have some of her artwork in my livingroom.

but woweee, those magnets are awesome. (ya know my b-day is coming up :)!)

I need to let you borrow our chainsaw and see what you can sculpt outta wood.

sorry doubled

[ Edited by: HETO-TIKI on 2003-01-12 19:00 ]

Tikifish, the magnets are about 12 inches so pretty easy to do detail ! Just kidding (most are almost 3 inches), I know it looks like they are huge. I tried to make the pics smaller when posted ! Oh Well.

And thanks Tiki-Troll, I will definitely wrangle one up for ya.

S

Okay, so this is what our fridge looks like:

I think we have a fridge magnet problem, among others...

Pages: 1 32 replies