Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Newbie's 1st time !!

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

My very 1st attempt at a carving, it's in hardwood not too sure what kinda woo but i know it's hard !!! whadda ya think ?

C

I like it a lot, very crisp lines and good design. Welcome aboard and come back soon. Did you
stain the wood or is that natural?

T

naa so far it's all natural, and still not finished :( unsure as to how to finish him weather to stain or just varnish. any suggestions welcome :)

M
McTiki posted on Sat, Oct 7, 2006 2:41 PM

Sweetness for a first carve mate!

Mahalo

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Sat, Oct 7, 2006 4:45 PM

Neet for a first timer. Id suggest weather and stain him :)

J

I love it - a great first carve! Keep up the good work.

Nice carve- clean lines! I'm giving him a hang ten right back!!

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Oct 8, 2006 8:03 AM

Very nice. By the aging on the wood, it looks like you've been working on this one for many months. Nice. I like the small work you've added to the headdress.
Are you going to continue picking at it or are you ready to finish up?

-Gman

terrific first effort! you've really got da skillz. p.s. at first glance i thought your name was tikilandry! nooooooo!!!!!

B
Bete posted on Sun, Oct 8, 2006 10:35 AM

Looks really nice! Good job on that.

Yeah i've been picking at it for what seems like ages as i don't get a lot of time with it and i've sti ll got things i wanna do with him b4 i can call it done

J

That's a great first carve. Welcome aboard. I thought the same thing as KTD, but then reread the name.

JP

keep up the good work

That came out cool! Excellent for first one out. I'd love to know what kind of wood it was. I'd experiment with it, maybe try some different stains, and 2-tone it maybe. Fun, aint it?

Pages: 1 13 replies