Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Mai Kai show music?

Pages: 1 5 replies

i searched and didn't find anything about this, so hopefully i'm not repeating, but...

has the Mai Kai ever released a CD of the show? they're probably protective of the whole experience, but i would love to be able to listen to a CD of the whole show...dreamy! anyone know?

anyone? is this a leperous question? :blush:

Never heard of ANYTHING audio, or video released by the Mai Kai.

Cheers,
Jeff

S

They don't allow video of the show. Mogambo and Pablus were set to shoot it in 2004 and Mo did for the DVD of Tiki. But I have never heard of any recordings. It might be a good item for their gift shop. A video production.

A

I was clueless about the Mai Kai's no video policy, so I took video of the show for maybe 5 min or so, before our waiter noticed and asked us to stop.

I became more immersed in the show after turning off the camera, so in retrospect I'm glad. Some things are best captured in your memory (I mean the kind in your head).

This being the first Mai Kai visit for our entire group of 9 people, now I finally understand the raves and testimonials!

-Randy

T

On 2006-10-17 11:44, aquarj wrote:

This being the first Mai Kai visit for our entire group of 9 people, now I finally understand the raves and testimonials!

-Randy

Maybe next time you'll listen to us. :wink:

But seriously, I tell everyone who goes to South Florida not to miss the Mai-Kai. People I know who are not even into tiki or old restaurants end up loving the experience. Spread the love far and wide!

Randy, I know where you're going the next time you go to Florida on business!

Pages: 1 5 replies