Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Hanford Lemoore needs your help!

Pages: 1 21 replies

I have been talking with a friend who told me the sad story of Hanford's paper wallet. For those who don't know, his poor wallet was tragically lost during some childish and mean-spirited poolside shenanigans at Hukilau.

Hanford is very fond of paper wallets and it would cheer him up immeasurably if we could all build a paper wallet and send it to him. I will soon post my friend's address for you to mail your generous gift to, and I will forward them all to Hanford when I recieve them.

Here is a site that will help you if you don't know how to make your own paper wallet:

http://www.instructables.com/id/E9331VJF3DES9J73YS/

I'm sure the generous and caring folks here on TC will rally to help Hanford quickly recover from his tragic loss. "Mahalo" for helping!

[ Edited by: PaperWallet 2006-10-10 11:56 ]

[ Edited by: PaperWallet 2006-10-10 11:56 ]

This is a nice offer, but I prefer to use my own paper wallet design that I invented over ten years ago. After I make my next one, I'll post some photos.

~Hanford

K

Wow! Kudos to PaperWallet. Thanks for the neat instructions! I feel the love, don't you?

On 2006-10-10 11:56, PaperWallet wrote:
... during some childish and mean-spirited poolside shenanigans at Hukilau...

Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding -- the shenanigans were definitely short-sighted and ill-advised, but not mean-spirited.

Hanford's paper wallet design is fantastic -- his last one lasted him a whole year!

P

Heck, after reading how to make that thing I got a headache.
Can't I just send a gift certificate for a canvas or leopard skin or eagle talon wallet?

Maybe a coconut wallet?

Nice try Pablus...and his father was shot where? In the buttocks, you say?

Funny how Andy Landry and Hanford share some of the some vowels and you never see them in the same room.

Nuff said.

Scammers...............

P

I wonder...

do Scottish Clown Doctors use paper wallets?

I make mine out of colored duct tape, they last 2-3 yr's which is the same as my leather wallets last, they have a clear ID pouch and credit card pockets. People often think they are eel-skin, started out as something to do during a general quarters drill in the military.

Now paper, that could be fun, esp. if painted first, groovy idea gang, Zoinks!

You can buy duct tape wallets at the hardware store. Maybe the paper wallets are at the stationary store.

how sweet would it be to have a wallet made out of paper money?

M

Paper money. Paper wallet.

hanford: sorry 'bout the wallet.. did humu tell you about the nifty paper tool (yeah, everyone snicker now) its called a Bone Folder ~ helps you make nice sharp creases.

also for really nifty paper, try http://handmade-paper.us/

i've done lotsa papercrafts..but never heard about paper wallets till now. post pics.

craftily yours
e

Wow, sounds cool Dogbytes. I'll check out those links.

I will post pictures of my next wallet. Not to split hairs but I've always considered the paper wallet to be the opposite of the duct tape wallet. Duct tape is tough, but paper is absurdly fragile, and my first paper wallet didn't even last me a day! I took it on as a challenge to figure out how to build one that wouldn't fall apart, and over the years I've refined the design. The second-to-last one I made (for Hukilau 2005) lasted one year! Although, to be fair, it was lined with tiki postcards.

Hopefully I'll have time to make a new one soon!

Now...what if a wallet was made of say....dried up sea kelp....Much like paper but... water proof? Plus it's a lovely shade of green/brown! :)

...or if money was plastic......

That is pretty damn cool. I'm now wondering whether you couldn't open it up and run it through a laminator and after a little xacto work have a fairly serviceable custom wallet. Make a hole for the driver's license window, use a computer printout of some cool Tiki artwork.

CL

I had the pleasure of seeing Hanford's new paper wallet, on the way to Hukilau. It was pretty damned cool. It didn't look like paper. It looked like a standard wallet, except personalized in terms of visual and layout. In terms of folds and format it functioned just like a non-paper wallet.

On 2006-10-13 12:20, Rev. Griz wrote:
That is pretty damn cool. I'm now wondering whether you couldn't open it up and run it through a laminator and after a little xacto work have a fairly serviceable custom wallet. Make a hole for the driver's license window, use a computer printout of some cool Tiki artwork.

In China I see wallets made from Stingray. Like sand paper

T

...or if money was plastic...... Credit Cards.

My son makes colored tape wallets. He has done this since 4th grade I didn't know anyone else had this special talent!.
if you want one Poobah I will have him make you one? LOL

CL

Again, having seen the said wallet, I'm not sure Hanford even used tape on it. There was certainly no evidence of that. It was quite compelling.

On 2006-10-19 13:32, Hiphipahula wrote:
My son makes colored tape wallets. He has done this since 4th grade I didn't know anyone else had this special talent!.
if you want one Poobah I will have him make you one? LOL

I had one made from an ants scrotum....but it only held small change

Pages: 1 21 replies