Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

hukilau intergalactic grand finale @ the jetsetter lounge & photo link

Pages: 1 9 replies

LET ME THANK ALL OF YOU THAT TOOK THE TIME TO JOIN US HERE @ THE JETSETTER LOUNGE FOR OUR 'INTERGALACTIC GRAND FINALE' TO HUKILAU 2006!

BY MY ACCOUNT (& JUDGING FROM THE VOLUMES OF FOOD AND COCKTAIL CONCOCTIONS CONSUMED!), THE EVENT WAS A TREMENDOUS SUCCESS AND A FITTING END TO THE FANTASTIC HUKILAU FESTIVITIES!

THANKS TO ALL THOSE ENTERTAINERS THAT LENT THEIR TALENTS TO THE EVENING, INCLUDING MARINA THE FIRE-EATING ORION SLAVE GIRL & THE TAIKO DRUMMERS FROM BACCUDA ARTS, MY FRIENDS THE HAOLE/WHOLLY CATS, THE SENSATIONAL DISASTERNAUTS?, SLIP & THE SPINOUTS, KING KUKULELE, WAITIKI, BUTCH FITZPATRICK, DAVE PALLODINO, MICKY VINTAGE, AND ANYONE ELSE THAT MAY HAVE JOINED THE HUKILAU 'ALL-STAR JAM' THAT I MAY HAVE OMITTED!

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY FRIENDS GLEN & PAUL FROM BARKING BAREFOOT TIKIS AND LAKE TIKI FOR 'SETTING UP SHOP' FOR THE EVENT

IT WAS CERTAINLY A TREAT TO HOST THE 'WHO'S WHOM' OF THE TIKIPHILE WORLD THAT DESCENDED UPON THE JETSETTER! OH, AND THAT SUIT WORN BY CHARLES PHOENIX - TO DIE FOR!

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT MAY HAVE MISSED OUT DUE TO EARLY FLIGHTS OR JUST PLAIN 'HUKILAU EXHAUSTION', PERHAPS YOU'LL JOIN US THE NEXT TIME YOU'RE IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS FOR A TASTE OF THE JETSETTER LOUNGE!

I'VE POSTED PHOTOS FROM THE EVENING ON THE JETSETTER LOUNGE WEBSITE - JETSETTERLOUNGE.COM - FOR YOU TO CHECK OUT WHAT YOU MISSED IF YOU WEREN'T IN ATTENDANCE, OR WHAT YOU FORGOT IN CASE YOU DID ATTEND AND MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN DUE TO EXCESS RUM! UNFORTUNATELY MY MEMORY CARD FILLED UP BEFORE THE END OF THE EVENT, SO THE LATER-NIGHT HIJINX RE NOT FEATURED IN THE GALLERY (PERHAPS TO PRESERVE OUR CREED OF 'WHAT HAPPENS AT THE JETSETTER, STAYS AT THE JETSETTER'!).

IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PHOTOS OR MEMORIES OF THE EVENT, FEEL FREE TO ADD THEM TO THE THREAD!

AGAIN, THANKS FOR JOINING US HERE @ THE JETSETTER, AND LET ME REITERATE MY PLEASURE OF HAVING MET AND HOSTED SUCH A FABOO BUNCH!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN REAL SOON!

Mike......
THANK YOU!!! The Jetsetter Lounge is Awesome!!
Great Job. The entertainment was excellent. The outside "backyard" was just amazing. So cozy at night with the tiki's and torches going. Little spots to just chill and take in the whole view.
Thank you again for a fun evening.

T

Man I'm bummed that I missed the JetSetter. we had to leave too soon. I'll be back down to FL soon though, and it's on my list.

T

I just put up lots of photos from Hukilau 2006 on The Intoxicators! website...(including the after hours jam at the Jetsetter on Sunday)
Here's the link

http://www.theintoxicators.com/hukilau2006_sunday.html

Here's a sample of what's out there...

Fire Eating Orion Slave Girl

The Haole Kats

The Disasternauts

One of the members of the amazing Jetsetter Lounge!!!

Mike Jones rips it up at the after hours jam

Go to our website to see the rest...
http://www.theintoxicators.com/hukilau2006_sunday.html

Cheers!
Brian
The Intoxicators!/Disasternauts

[ Edited by: tikigoob 2006-10-12 09:28 ]

C

Mahalo, Mike! It was the first chance I had to relax and I had a great time! I am truly impressed with the JetSetter--it is well worth a special trip for all!!

T

Mike,

I am so sorry I could not make it to the Sunday finale party.

I came down with the flu on Saturday and even left the Mai Kai early.

I felt so bad Sunday morning that I moved my flight up (from Monday) and headed home. I was totally incapacitated Monday and I am just starting to feel better today.

I said my good-byes to Christie on Sunday morning but missed a formal Aloha and Mahalo to most. I hope everybody understands.

It was a blast meeting you - one of the "new" highlights for my Hukilau 2006.

Balmy regards,

TB

K

Mike,
JSL Rocks! I plan to make the occasional jaunt across the state for more JSL. You can't help but feel happy while there. Fab party...killer performances by all...and cool people everywhere(not a bad banana in the bunch)...Mahalo!

Mike,

As great a time as I had at the Hukilau, I regret having to leave early and miss the festivities at the Jetsetter. The pictures from the event are fantastic. As I sit writing this, I can't imagine how I could have allowed myself to leave and miss a party with Orion Slave girls and surf music played by gorillas in space suits held in a setting like the Jetsetter. I will be back in your fine state (though on the Gulf Coast) in early '07...but will definitely make the trek across to visit. See you then!

Just arrived back home Sunday night after a great wind down week in Florida...

Mike, your place simply rules. Thanks so much for letting the wahine and I set up our table in the fab tiki garden... though still working we were totally relaxed in the lush tropical setting. Excellent food, drinks, staff and a great host make Jetsetter a must visit when in South Florida!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-10-15 22:32 ]

T

I'm still scraping the crushed bananas off of my drums... It seems like yesterday...

Pages: 1 9 replies