Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What's a dad to do?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Earlier this year my wahine and I had our first child, a baby girl, and I was determined to commemorate the event tiki style, so I commissioned Saint-Thomas ( http://www.pseudopots.com ), to whip up a special mug (pink glaze, of course) to give to family and friends this Christmas.

Here are some pics:

Front

Back

I haven't given them all out yet, but so far they have been extremely well received. I had 25 made, and Saint-Thomas signed 'em with his mark and numbered 'em on the bottom for me.

Even my parents, who are somewhat bewildered at my tiki mug collection loved it.

If anyone is thinking about doing something similar, I highly recommend Saint-Thomas!

-Mike

Muggler,
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Very cool idea with the tiki mugs! Sure beats the "Here She Is" chocolate bars I handed out when my daughter was born!

Congratulations. That's a great idea. It makes me wonder about commemorative mugs for a golf tournament I help organize each year. I guess I'll check it out.
Good luck with the bambino. If she behaves like our daughter did, you will want to lock up these mugs and all other breakables about the time she turns 14 as you will be tempted to throw them at her. A few years later, after the back-talking-know-it-all stage is over, you might consider a new back-to-sanity commemorative mug.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2002-12-31 14:34 ]

Congrats on the bouncing baby girl
Maybe tiki-farm could hook you up with a tiki crib

• I want to have a tiki crib to sleep in *

On 2002-12-31 23:34, Talkie-Tiki wrote:
Maybe tiki-farm could hook you up with a tiki crib

Hah! I'd like to find a tiki baby bottle. Then she'll be ready for a luau.

-Mike

On 2002-12-31 14:31, mrtikibar wrote:
A few years later, after the back-talking-know-it-all stage is over, you might consider a new back-to-sanity commemorative mug.

Or perhaps when the nasty stage hits I should commission Beachbum Berry to create an ultra-strong drink to help deal (run away from) it all!

-Mike

MC

Your mug is so cute! (I love pink) Everything about it is creative!
comgrats.

Pages: 1 6 replies