Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

2007 Tiki Modern artist calendar

Pages: 1 7 replies

One of my favorite vintage artists whose work I will feature in my new book was called Stanley Stubenberg. He did the Hawaiian Village and Tahitian Lanai menu covers, among others. Now there is a cool 2007 calendar out with 1950s children's book illustrations he did:

http://www.8ballwebstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1369

T

Looks good.

Thanks for the link, bigbrotiki! I was just saying yesterday that I needed a 2007 calendar. Great graphics!! One is on the way to NorCal.

• Myke
J

Thanks for posting this. I've had my eyes open for a tiki-themed calendar and have found nothing.

For those of you with the "Tiki-on-a-budget" bug: May I suggest that at the end of the year you carefully cut the pages from the calendar and frame them as artwork. Instant art for your walls at a great price.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 15, 2006 7:36 PM

My neighbour produces Mustang calenders for her car club. She has just finished next years one, and I was thinking how good would a tiki calender be...

H

Thanks for the info Sven. I actually went there today and ended up buying some cool stuff including a great book called "atomic Ranch" by Michelle Gringeri-Brown. The last page has a picture of the previous Ricon Room belonging to Bongo fury.

I just wanted to note that the calendar is not a TIKI calnedar as such as it does not have Tikis in it, but that the style of the renderings is a perfect example of what I dig, the meeting of mid-century modernism and pop primitivism.

That Atomic Ranch book was published by the couple that puts out Atomic Ranch Magazine, that's why the photos of Ron's ex-home (sniff!) are in it. His and two more pics have the BOT lying on the coffetable (or somewhere) :).

S

Just so folks know, I am working on a tiki calendar that I hope will be available for the 2008 calendar year. The plan is for the style to have the feel of the Book of Tiki, and the images will be drawn from classic tiki bar ephemera and new tiki mugs, etc. I have been planning it, but I will be moving forward in earnest soon. I'll make sure to keep everyone up to date and of course, the tiki family will be able to order in advance and have it first!

Pages: 1 7 replies