Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Sebastians Rum Tortola

Pages: 1 4 replies

I brought a couple of bottles back last time we went there but never thought it would be impossible to get here. I can’t find this in California anywhere and would like to replenish my supply again. Anyone know where I can buy or order it online?

“ Located on the white sand beach at Little Apple Bay on Tortola's north coast is Sebastian's. sampling a little of the locally famous 'Sebastian's Rum' is a must!”

“Apple Bay by 3:00 pm. Played in the water and headed to Sebastian's for dinner. Shared the ginger and jerk chicken which was delicious. Aslo delicious is the after dinner shot of Sebastian's rum. We brought home three bottles (precious cargo in your checked-in luggage.)”

http://www.sebastiansbvi.com/sebrestaurant.htm

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-12-01 08:05 ]

M

I brought a bottle of it home with me after I drank there as well. Every bottle was different and the labels were taped on photo-copies. They just fish through the recycle bin for old bottles that still have caps and wash em out and refill. Well, I hope they wash them out. Sebastian's is, as far as I could tell, a bathtub spiced rum. Probably based on another BVI rum like Foxy's Firewater or Arundel. It leaked all over my stuff on the way home because the cap didn't seal right. I don't know what they put in it- maybe it's like Bomba's where they soak magic mushrooms in the stuff. (that was a looooong night).

Needless to say, I treasure what little I have left. Not that great, just good memories.

O

Thanks Martiki,

I tried the Bomba Punch at Bomba's Shack one night with out any effect, I was informed you had to drink a number of them or return for Bomba Tea that was only served once a month during full moon parties.
Every full moon they have a wild party where the Bomba tea, much stronger than Bomba Punch is served.
I guess I'm out of luck finding Sebastian's here. It is the memories more than the rum and I have the bottle. Perhaps a return trip one day, the Bomba Shack's full moon party and a washed bottle of Sebastian's.

Yep agreed I've done the Full moon party - Everyone must.

but the rum with shrooms not so potent and the "tea" by the big tree the same. It seems like there are vendors during the full moon party that could up the anty if you are
into that sorta thing.

Either way if you get the chance do the full moon party - drink as much rum as you can! good times. Bomba is a smart fella. - he can even change the party to a weekend even if the moon is not properly full! how convenient! there is a schedule I think the site is http://limin-times.com/full_moon.php3
Looks like they are doin full moon parties across the other side of the island of tortolla too!

O

Here is the original Sebastian's Rum bottle that my girlfriend bought there about 10 years ago

And here is the new and improved one they sell now. Notice the scotch tape.

Pages: 1 4 replies