Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau Hangover Party This Saturday With The Haole Cats

Pages: 1 10 replies

The Haole Cats return this Saturday, October 21st to pick up where things left off at last week's Hukilau.

Showtime is 11 PM... pre-show dinner reservations recommended (%^!) 533-7999.

Bring your Hukilau photos, memories, or create some new ones as these cats return for another hip evening!

HAOLE KATS ROCK DA BOAT!

Wish I was there to hang and jam with those dudes... Mike Jones throws a great party, and who doesn't love the tunes of Josh, TJ, and Joe?????????

We're looking forward to getting back to the Jetsetter...it's become somewhat of a 2nd home for us. Hopefully some of you can come join us for some great drinks, food and music. Please come up and say hi if you do make it...with all the love we've got to give, there's no need to be shy!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Boy... you guys are killing me. Wish I could jet on down to catch the show and hang in the tiki garden...
With temps in the 40's up here I'm really missing Florida.

Josh... you taking good care of that Marq? Give him lots of rum... he likes that. :)

Have a good show guys!

Dave - He is right next to me, happily guarding my Princeton Reverb. Quite a nice fella, actually. He seems to be enjoying the FL climate....it's perfect here this time of year.

We'll toss one back for you on Saturday....who knows, the next time we see you might be in your neck of the woods. We've got a gig request in TN in July, so we're gonna start putting together some dates for another little trip through the midwest. We've gotta hit The Foundation for sure.

J

B

The Kats back at the Jetsetter - damn!

Joe and I would love to come back to catch the show (sunday's our anniversary) but unfortunately we can't get out of NYC this weekend. Love the Haole Kats and love the Jetsetter. For sure this weekend we will fill (and empty) the mugs we bought at the 'Setter while listening to Josh, TJ and Joe on disc. You guys rock.

Break a leg and everyone have a great time. If you missed these guys at the Jetsetter during the Hukilau - check them out!

Nicole and Joe

p.s. any chance you are going to be in the Port Charlotte area on Veterans Day weekend? We may be around to catch up! Is there any tiki there?

HK

Aloha Nicole - It was great seeing you and Joe (when he finally arrived!) at Hukilau! So glad that y'all made the trip.

We'll be doing a gig in town here on Veterans Day...we're backing up a harmonica virtuoso named Rick Hatfield...on the 12th, we're doing a retro-rama collectibles show at The St Petersburg Coliseum...we're not that far north from Port Charlotte...hint, hint.

J

I send my regrets. Wish I could be there, to pour unknown cocktails from a giant jug and dance with Orion Slave Girls. That was a swinging shindig!

Waitiki will be playing a Tiki party up here, actually CT. We will be thinking of you guys!!!

Hey you cwazy kidz!

Professah and Mayor -- thank you both again for making that Intergalactic Party such a swinging success! I hope everything's going great up in da f-f-frigid northeast. I'll never forget that party, or that entire weekend, for that matter (though, on retrospect, I suppose I should... :oops:) I didn't drink too] much the first three nights, and actually didn't drink too many that Sunday night, though that Suffering Bastard was enough for "one" drink. Holy crap -- what's IN those things!!!??? Can't wait to see you guys again... JUNE???

Nicole and Joe -- wish you could be there, too. We really like you guys a lot, and you both always make a gathering that much more fun. Oh yeah -- GO SEE THE MOONLIGHTERS! I really think you'll dig them a lot. http://www.blissblood.com/index_moonlighters.html

I really, really love Mike Neer's steel playing, and Bliss Blood writes great songs. I've never seen them live, but the vids I've seen are great. Really great 20's-30's vibe.

Ever-body else - see y'all this weekend!
T

B

TJ - OK OK - thanks for the reminder - we will be seeing the Moonlighters this Friday - they are playing at a place close to us (Mo Pitkin's House of Satisfaction - sounds like a place almost cool enough for the Kats). Glad you kept reminding us!

I also want to give a shout out to Savannah - girl you rock!!!

Hope to see you next time we are in town (possibly at the retro-rama collectible show, whatever that is!)

Cheers!

Nicole (aka birdgirl)

Aloha Nicole and Joe.... We miss you guys already. Savannah says hello and we can't wait to see the both of you again (you "clazy" kids) Stay warm and stay in touch !

Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

Pages: 1 10 replies