Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hawaii Slide Show

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha!

I finally uploaded a selection (347 to be exact) of my (and some of my dad's) Hawai'i pics from our trip last November, and added captions. We (myself, my girlfriend Hilary, my mom and dad, and my aunt) stayed at The Breakers on Oah'u and then went to Kaua'i and met up with my sister and her family at the Waiohai Beach Club. The Waiohai isn't my kinda joint, but OH MY is it nice! We loved the Breakers and would stay there again. My parents bought into Marriott's timeshares so we'll all be spending 1 week at the Waiohai every other year now...I think I will be able to make do. :wink:

Soooo, there are probably lots of pics of stuff many of you have already seen like the Polynesian Cultural Center and Tiki's Grill & Bar (yes it's touristy, but they do have lots of neat art there), but I think they are worth looking at anyway. :wink: I added lots of stops to our itinerary thanks to several posts here on TC, like La Mariana, the Hawaiiana Hotel, Keoki's Paradise, etc.

I'll wet your appetite with a sampler platter...

Me at the Hawaiiana Hotel-

Me at La Mariana-

Hilary at La Mariana-

La Mariana-

Polynesian Cultural Center-

Plumeria-

Tiki Torches at sunset in Poipu-

So go get a drink-

...and here is the link for my gallery. I sure hope it works right... PLEASE feel free to comment on the pics, I'd love to know more about what's in my pics, no matter how obvious it is, whether it's the name of a particular tiki, or plant, or even a structure at the PCC, or a correction to a caption. If you know something about a piece in a photo I took at La Mariana I would especially love to know its' history! I'm not sure if you need a Kodak account to comment though.

Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=14q9n72f.11p9949j&x=0&y=-4ehrnc

M

Awesome post John. Thank you!

Mahalo

McTiki

John I looked at most of your pix, Nice Tiki PIcs. The red panels you identified as Marquesan are actually Ma'ori from New Zealand. Those wall panels are called pu-pu.

Thanks
ST

Great photography John, your dad & Hilary, I just spent the last half hour at your gallery and enjoyed it very much.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-10-19 10:11 ]

Mahalo for the compliments!

And thanks Sneakytiki for the correction. I fixed my caption. I knew if I made a mistake a TCer would catch it. :wink:

Cool!

Breakers rocks!!

Buzz's be gone, rip!!

That's our friend Mad Dog sitting in the chair!!!

Arrrsome!

What up, john? great pics!!! thanks for sharing, it looks like ya'll had a great time. But then again...how can you not?

Pages: 1 6 replies