Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tama: NZ greenstone - nothing available at present...

Pages: 1 41 replies

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-10-28 19:10 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2006 7:34 PM

If you get the opportunity to bid on, or purchase outright, one of Tama's greenstone carvings, I recommend you jump on it! I recently received one, and it is exquisite. Pictures can not do it justice. You just have to have one in your hands to really appreciate the feel of the jade and the incredible skill and effort put into carving each piece. I couldn't be more pleased with mine and I strongly recommend anyone who is interested in a greenstone hei-tiki, or other jade pendant, to contact Tama for details and delivery times. This man creates a fabulous product with tons of feeling.

-Gman

"The saw is family"

[ Edited by: GMAN 2006-10-21 19:35 ]

Thanks Gman!!!

Hows that for a satisfied customer?!

:) Tama

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 4:41 PM

Yo, ante-up....Tama needs a new pair of shoes! Trust me, they are worth every penny.

gman's right! when you feel one of tama's pieces in your hands, it's amazing! i have a very large hei tiki that another carver did. it's a beautiful piece, but it's finished to a mirror like surface and feels like glass. tama's hei tikis have a velvety feel to them that i really dig. also, not as glossy. much nicer looking. plus, he's a carver with mad skillz! i have 7 of tama's hei tikis (including the large one pictured with paua eyes) and he'll be starting on my "special project" soon. if you want a beautiful jade pendant you can't go wrong with these. now gimme a discount! k'den brah! :D

B

I can't believe this is still here. I expected it to go right away. Tama, you must have caught everyone sleeping. after I sell a few, I will be able to purchase one of your amazing Hei-Tikis, thay are Bad, so Bad they are good and I gotta have one.
Soon!

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Oct 29, 2006 1:56 PM

A TCer should really get these. Don't miss out on a great opportunity!

-Gman

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2006-11-13 14:39 ]

H
Heath posted on Thu, Nov 2, 2006 3:06 PM

The pictures don't do justice to the beauty and craftsmanship in these pieces. My wife wasn't real happy about this purchase when I told her (gotta remember to ask first next time!), but when she saw it...

Anyway, get one of Tama's carvings before he gets too famous! Then you can say,"Oh, this Hei-tiki, I got it from Tama before you had to wait in line."

Many, many, many thanks,
Heath

[ Edited by: Heath 2006-11-19 06:35 ]

Thanks again for great feedback Heath. Glad your not in trouble with your wife!! (I know the feeling only too well, my online spending has got me in more than a bit of trouble, :lol: )

Please note: #2 has been moved on Im afraid, but stayed tuned & Ill be back with yet another to tempt ya'! Tama :)

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2006-11-13 14:38 ]

SORRY, SOLD! Many thanks tikigap!

Tama :)

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-03-04 12:59 ]

T

This guy is sweet! Thanks TTT - very beutiful piece. Thanks for the slices too! That's really beautiful stuff!

withdrawn

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-03-18 21:45 ]

B

Here's ANOTHER Satisfied Customer. Tama, this "Goldie" piece is SO Beautiful I Even wear it to work. It looks heavy but through some Maori Magic on your part when I hang it around my neck I Can't even feel it's there and have to look constantly to make sure it's there!.

I am HappyHappyHappy and you will be too!

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Mar 10, 2007 5:51 AM

bump

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 5:18 PM

Jade hei-tiki for sale bottom of page 2. It's a beauty!

bump

withdrawn

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-03-18 21:46 ]

F

Not a bump but a flagrant "Big Up". This morning, I too received a package from NZ with a piece created by "Tama" (see Pebble Tiki in Tama's posts) to say I am bowled over is an understatement. The piece is not a normal Pounamu carving but a piece created from a natural pebble. It is absolutely stunning.
Grab the work while you can.
Flynny

Thanks Flynny! Got to look after my fellow stoners...

Kia ora everyone - Im back to try and tempt ya!

SORRY SOLD! - Many thanks TimidTiki!!

"Wahine-Nui" 2007

SORRY SOLD! BIIG Thanks Alohacurrent!!

Cheers
Tama

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-05-22 17:15 ]

B

Someone will Really be the Lucky one, she's a real Beauty

The next piece I have to offer is smaller but very special and requires a little explaination: It is a pendant fashioned from a good quality, naturally-shaped NZ pounamu/greenstone/nephrite jade beachpebble; a rare & beautiful thing in itself; but there's more!... The insised groove in this piece was created using 'pre-contact'/neolithic Maori technique. In other words; I very carefully carved this with STONE tools!! (see pic) This 'scarfed' detail is a very (time-consuming!) crisp 'V'-cut & is used here in a contemporary/aesthetic sense. The neolithic Maori used this technique to divide/saw-through cobbles of the steel-hard stone, pounamu. They would saw from each side until the cuts were almost through & then snap!; A task sometimes requiring weeks or months of labour!
The toggle was produced in this way & was also made from a naturally-occuring pebble. Admittedly, I created the suspension hole with modern tools, but have also emulated the 'hourglass' effect that the original drilling tool (tuwhiri) produced.

SORRY, SOLD: Many thanks Queen Kamehameha!!

SORRY, SOLD.

I have only ever made a few pieces in this manner (one of which won a top carving prize) & they are very close to my heart. Although this is appears a rather simple piece it was a labour of love & I believe its' 'hidden' specialness makes it all the more appealing. I have left the pebble unaltered apart from the carved detail & the natural/tumbled, as-found finish of the stone remains as testament to jades' unique hardness/lustre.

SORRY SOLD: Many thanks Queen Kamehameha!!

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-06-01 02:55 ]

Incredible work Andy!! Those beauties will find homes fast. Aloha

Please see my thread in the Carving Forum for more pictures & info

SORRY SOLD!!

'Hei-Toki Teko-teko' 2007
3 1/2 x 1/2 inch (90 x 13 x 8mm) approx. TOP QUALITY NZ South Westland 'Kahurangi' variety jade.

SORRY SOLD!!

And the next is a Mystery-Tiki, who forced his way into being and who doesnt ascribe to any particular tiki-type. A perfect example of a NZ jade carver spending too much time at Tiki Central... :lol:
1 5/8 x 1 3/8 (40 x 35 x 7mm) approx. TOP QUALITY NZ South Westland 'Kahurangi' variety jade.
SOLD! - Many thanks MarkusK!!

SOLD! - Many thanks MarkusK!!

TamaTT :)

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-06-07 03:59 ]

B

HappyHappyHappy

Now on eBay, listing #2250129695212 (sorry, dont know how to do the linky-thing...)

'Goateed Warrior' 2007

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-06-12 17:42 ]

?

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-06-12 17:43 ]

REPLICA MAORI ARTIFACT: Pounamu Hei-tiki!! :o :o :o

SORRY SOLD! Big thanks again gMoney!!

Genuinely handmade in New Zealand from New Zealand pounamu (nephrite jade), but NOT a genuine artifact!! This amazing one-off piece was created to APPEAR like the genuine article but was actually made in recent times and with modern tools.

Still very traditional, this old girl was fashioned from a palm-sized water-worn river stone and carved in a free-form fashion, all the while thinking/mimicking the cuts/techniques/processes employed by my neolithic ancestors and also trying to reproduce the weathering of the years... She is a little crude in her execution when compared to my other work, but please believe this was deliberate. Her pose & expression are unique; ie, not copied from any particular old piece and this 'personalising' is also a traditional approach. Most peculiar about this piece is the double face; in profile & front view - spooky... ancient... ugly. :wink:

(photos taken in natural light - dreary day)

and under artificial light..

Some of the natural surface pitting remains & there are a few aesthetic flaws in the stone. These do not compromise the physical strength of the piece & were carefully/deliberately retained for the sake of 'realism'. Intended as a display piece but could certainly be worn.
The stone is a medium-dark green Westland 'Kawakawa', a little milker-green on the back.
Some translucency at thinner edges which can be exploited by hanging in a window although displays best as an 'alterpiece' or hung in a prominant position.

SORRY SOLD! Big thanks gMoney!!

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-06-30 03:07 ]

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 2:40 AM

Man am I glad these pieces are selling fast! You guys are saving me all sorts of money!!! - money that I wouldn't have if I had to buy each of these like I want to.....

-G

KK

unbelievable! Your work is so amazing. Man, I feel like closing up shop! What an absolute wonder to see your work... Pupule!

keep up the good work!

Big thanks for your comps Gman! Im sure you've got plenty of toys on your wishlist to go spending your cash on, but just in case... see link below! :wink:

Kaha ki'i: Welcome back brah! We've never really had much of a chance to chat. - With great work (and killer prices) like yours, I think it'll be me going out of business!! Best of luck with the sale!

*Finaly managed to work out how to do those linky-things! Please click this one to see a sweet 'lil side-hanging wahine currently listed on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250140222122

10% discount + a few bonus bits n bobs if purchased by a TC member. eBay price includes FREE fully insured postage!!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 6, 2007 4:10 PM

....laboriously carved, slowly revealing the form within...

colon you bettcha colon

SOLD!! Big thanks to Praire Jade!

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-07-23 20:35 ]

Half-time bump.

5 days to go. $1 reserve...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250142546758

T3 :)

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 20, 2007 3:03 PM

BUMPITY Bump bump.....

SOLD!! Many thanks Praire Jade!!

SOLD!! Many thanks Praire Jade!!

[ Edited by: tamapoutini 2007-09-09 01:05 ]

you all keep your mitts off these--they are spoken for and i hate having to travel and break fingers to get what i want.

Hey steady PJ - you can have them ok?? Cant have you hurting the Ohana.. :wink:

awesome score at a bargain price, pj.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-09-09 09:59 ]

NFS no more..

'Hei-Tekoteko' 2007

[ Edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-10-25 16:05 ]

SORRY SOLD! Many thanks G$!
'Hei-Toki Tangaroa'.. 4 x 1 x 5/16inch

SORRY SOLD! Many thanks G$!

Cheers
Tama