Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Still huge assortment of Aloha shirts!

Pages: 1 18 replies

I

With any new venture one must learn that not all of the product one is selling is actually worth what the owner think it is. Well The owner of the Aloha shirts I posted a few weeks ago has come down in price. Yes thats right all the shirts I post from this point forward will start at $25.00! I have just over 21 shirts up right now. I will be posting another 10 tonight. Have at it!
Here is one of the item numbers for you to look at. item# 280041114091 Just click on view seller's other items to see the rest of the assortment.

On 2006-10-23 08:12, IKABOD wrote:
With any new venture one must learn that not all of the product one is selling is actually worth what the owner think it is. Well The owner of the Aloha shirts I posted a few weeks ago has come down in price. Yes thats right all the shirts I post from this point forward will start at $25.00! I have just over 21 shirts up right now. I will be posting another 10 tonight. Have at it!
Here is one of the item numbers for you to look at. item# 280041114091 Just click on view seller's other items to see the rest of the assortment.

Just an FYI. I just weighed what I think is my heaviest alhoa shirt. Under 11 onces. I have shipped 15oz packages from one corner of the country to the other for less than $4.

Hey man, I dig the one with the buckle! Those are some fine threads.

I

True but look at it from my point of view. I have to print labels, pack and transport the shirts to the post office. I only get a percentage of the net (a small percentage at that). When I have to do this with multiple shirts..... Well you get the idea.

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2006-10-23 16:12 ]

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2006-10-23 16:14 ]

its a comparison thing. If most Ebay Shirt sellers charge $8 for shipping then folks may not be happy about it but they accept it because thats the going rate.

If the average shirt seller charges $4 and someone else charges $8 (I havent visited the auctions so Im making up numbers) then folks may think thats a bit steep.

Your argument for packaging and prep is a hard one to swallow because its likely that your freind is selling a shirt for $25-$30 that he paid $2-$5 for.

That is a ton of markup already built in the cost of the item. If he wants you to sell them then perhaps he should give you a portion of the proceeds from the shirt instead of trying to clear profit on shipping.

In my opinion shipping should represent actual cost. If you purchased bubble wrap and a box then that should be built in.

Profit should come from the spread on the actual item not the shipping. In the end, the beauty of ebay is that folks vote with their wallet.

I have seen many times how two identical items for very similar prices have one sell and one does not because the shipping on the other item was sort of steep.

Those are nice shirts and I wish you luck with the auctions.

R

I had a look at your fine collection and believe there are 3 things that maybe a problem. The starting price is too high, even Spooners general START at $9.99 (of course they generally sell for 2-3+ times that in the end). They are too small in size for most of us middle aged fat @sses that generally buy the Hawaiian shirts on eBay :lol: and the S&H is a few dollars more the normal $4-6 for such an item.

Oh and one last thing, you might wait a month for the Xmas shopping season to kick in, it seems not much of ANYTHING is selling well at the moment in the good ol' USA these days (that's one reason gas prices are lower again). :wink: GOOD LUCK! :wink:

I

Ok I'll do this then I just charge for shipping.

I

After looking over some other shirts being sold on ebay. I have found that the price for shipping and handling ranges from $3.99 up to $7.55. What I have done is put it at $5.00 for shipping and handling!

Another way to increase visitation is to provide the actual link to that sellers auctions. One click access makes locating the items more convenient.

Aloha Shirts For Sale

and.... Put a pic of everysingle item in the preview window on ebay. I generally SKIP the auctions with no picture in the preview cause it just takes too long. I have searches built that bring up 250 results at once so any way for me to cut down my browse time is helpful.

Again... Good luck.. Lots of nice stuff.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-10-23 19:14 ]

nice shirts. i usually don't look at auctions where the size is not listed in the title. not alot of vintage shirts fit me.

I

Damn it! Size!

T

Hey get some XL sizes !!!!

K

...and some small ones, too!
Mahalo!

I

More to be posted on the October 18th. I hope you like what you see. Now put down the lapu lapu for a minute and start bidding!

On 2006-10-24 15:49, IKABOD wrote:
More to be posted on the October 18th. I hope you like what you see. Now put down the lapu lapu for a minute and start bidding!

Another FYI. Today is the 24th. :D

I

Huh?! What? the 18th? Oh yeah the 25th! Yeah uh thats what I meant.

T

Seems like this ain't a good hustle for you !!!

I

Hustle? No just selling shirts. Anyway here are some more!

Aloha Shirts For Sale

I

I bet some of you folks have been wondering what ever happened to the dude that was selling the Aloha shirts on Ebay? Well it turned out this was a complete waste of my time. The shirts where nice but sure as hell not worth the cost of posting, shipping or even trying to open it up to you folks here. I'm sorry I even got involved in the whole matter. And I’m sorry for wasting your time as well. It left me with almost $600.00 worth of Ebay fees that I was unable to recover. Well lessons learned I guess. I should have listened to you guys who where giving me hell as to how to market them. Well the shirts have been returned to the "owner" and I'm done with it. I move on to better things like snowboarding, drinking heavily and, well you’ll just have to see…….

T

Wasting our time... don't think so. As long as you learned a lesson, it doesn't matter if your pimping shirts on e-bay or distributing low budget adult videos in east LA ...it's all about learning a lesson !!!
Thank your lucky stars you don't have to put food on your family !!!!!

Pages: 1 18 replies