Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My Tiki Pumpkin carvings

Pages: 1 7 replies

They started out as foam pumpkins..

...and I finally picked up my tools and here's the results..

B

Those really look great IConch. Soon!

M

Nice carves Isle. When are the wooden ones coming out? You know, the logs you have tied up in the backyard... :)

Mahalo

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 5:09 AM

tikis carved out of pumpkins are kool!

C

Very cool carvings!! do they last?

G
gonzo posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 1:21 PM

Nice carvings. Im going to try this:

Great idea! We dont traditionally celebrate Halloween in NZ, but the new generations coming through are starting to claim it as a good excuse for lollies...

Thought I might try one myself to advertise that we are 'open' to kiddy callers this year. Can I ask whether you have carved right through, or just removed the skin to allow the 'glow'?
Cant seem to see where you have punched in to place candle & you dont seem to have scalped them either?

Unless these are trade secrets, can I pick your brain?

Cheers, Tama :)

Thanx BenZ.. I really appreciate it.

Mc: I'm working on the templates for the logs, I did move them to the Tiki carving oasis in my backyard, so any day now..I'm pickin' up the "saw".

Thanx Hewey for lookin'

Hi Clarita.. the pumpkins are foam and real easy to carve and you can save them from yr. to yr. Here's a pic of the tools and where I inserted the light source.

Gonzo: WOW..is that the pumpkin you're tryin??

Tama: Here are pics so you can see how I did it. Since I'm using battery operated lights, there was no need to open the top..so I opened just enough on the bottom to slip the lights thru and Voila!! I did carve thru the foam, 1st. I transfered the design I drew by poking holes and then I used the little serrated knives and the battery little jig saw.Thanx for lookin'.

Pages: 1 7 replies