Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXVIII Friday October 27th!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Friday October 27th, 2006 10PM No Cover

We welcome once again the Polynesian Paradise Dancers who mystify, mesmerize, and master the audience with their lovely hula hands (and naughty hula hips). They'll go around the island swinging hips so tantalizing but that's not where the story is, they tell their stories with their hands. If you've been lucky enough to catch them in the past, then you'll recognize their truly special hula magic.

AND

Dominic Priore and Brian Chidester, authors of The Dumb Angel #4: All Summer Long magazine return with rarities from the vault! Here the audience gets a chance to see some real rarities from the video collections of two true experts. This month will be a selection of surprises, who knows what we'll be seeing? It could be Waikiki in the 20's or Malibu in the 60's. It could be Exotica, Hapa Haole or Surf!

PLUS

Enjoy the musical stylings of King Kukulele as he brings you his own brand of lounge entertainment with the help of 1 ukulele 4 strings and 5 fingers. The Kings dog has fleas! Join the King and friends on a journey through 100 years of music.

ALSO

Hot Rod Tiki arrives from England. Thats right, we'll be getting a visit from our friends Sue and Dave Wright of Hot Rod Tiki, "A little bit of Hotrod, a little bit of Tiki, and alot of KOOL!!!" We'll talk about their business and get a chance to see pictures of their 2 Tiki Hotrods "The Headhunter" and "The Tahitian"

AND

News From King's Highway, October 2006! Catch up on the world of Tiki with video from the incredible Hukilau 2006 celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Mai Kai courtesy of Tiki Kiliki! Kiliki really puts on a heck of a show, four nights in Fort Lauderdale with Mai Kai, Mermaids and Mixologists. Followed by a look at the opening of the Crazy Al Evans 10 Year Retrospective show at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Hollywood.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

King! It's only Wednesday morning! What's with the early warning? Now we have an extra day to plan this into our weekend!!!!

Tiki Ti before??
I know Wed is the TC nite, but its just too hard for me to make it up there on a school night.
I was there with Spermy,and his Buddy, my friend Kristena,
GROG, Kirby and Crazy Al last Sat. After the Crazy Al tiki walk through.
and I must say that after 2 Great White Sharks and a Zombie I couldn't feel my back pain. Pils don't work booze does. too bad I can't drink before I go to work... well I could but....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Back to Fridays huh King....

Hey Everybody,
Sorry about the confusion CheekyGirl but we played last month on Saturday night as a one time deal. I was told that a film premiere party was taking over that night as they had filmed in the lounge as part of their movie. We're back on the last Friday of every month.
Hope to see you all at Tiki Taix,
King

Last night was another fun night at Tiki Taix!

Crazy Al was there to add his own unique showmanship

Sue and Dave Wright of Hot Rod Tiki (from Enlgand) with Cheeky Girl

WooHooWahine and Cheeky girl enjoying the show!

Baked Alaska (from our cruise last week) Hey! How did that get in here?

The King with one of the Polynesian Paradise Dancers...

And the newest addition to the Polynesian Paradise Dancer all the way for the island of Canada!!!

All in all a great night of entertainment!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-10-28 09:55 ]

T

Just wanted to say quick Hi and Thanks to everyone we met at Tiki Taix, it was a great night and we really enjoyed ourselves even after recovering from our bug!! Unforunately King got us both up to talk about Hotrod Tiki, but we are both quite shy and didn't really know what to say!! Shame we didn't make the Tiki Ti on the Wednesday as planned, but hey there is always next time!!
Thanks again to everyone for making us feel so welcome.

Sue and Dave.
England.

G
Gugug posted on Mon, Nov 6, 2006 5:10 PM

Hi - please can you tell me? Is there any ukulele-based events on in Los Angeles area next week (11-16th November) as would love to come to something like the above mentioned. (Am over for a few days from Scotland)

On 2006-11-06 17:10, Gugug wrote:
Hi - please can you tell me? Is there any ukulele-based events on in Los Angeles area next week (11-16th November) as would love to come to something like the above mentioned. (Am over for a few days from Scotland)

The Smokin Menehunes along with Bill Tapia play every Friday Night at The Catalina Fish Market in Huntington Beach. You never know what other Special Guest's may show up. See The Smokin Menehunes posting for more details :)

G
Gugug posted on Tue, Nov 7, 2006 3:10 AM

On 2006-11-06 17:16, WooHooWahine wrote:

The Smokin Menehunes along with Bill Tapia play every Friday Night at The Catalina Fish Market in Huntington Beach. You never know what other Special Guest's may show up. See The Smokin Menehunes posting for more details :)

I'm afraid I'll miss that one as Im on my way home by Friday - but thanks for the tip

Pages: 1 9 replies