Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Shag Tiki Room Aviary Original Painting on eBay

Pages: 1 8 replies

I really don't want to sell it, but here is a link to the ebay listing for my only original Shag painting. It is one of the original 4 he did for Disneyland back in 2003. Please email me with any questions. Excuse the lousy picture as I did not have time to take good pictures before I listed it.

Jody

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHAG-Original-Painting-TIKI-ROOM-AVIARY-Disneyland_W0QQitemZ300042172073QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300042172073

Just when I start to feel good about my financial station in life, something like comes along, that's so incredibly cool, and yet so far out of my art price range.

Good luck with the auction!

On 2006-10-26 13:01, Tiki Flange wrote:
Just when I start to feel good about my financial station in life, something like comes along, that's so incredibly cool, and yet so far out of my art price range.

Good luck with the auction!

Same here. I am semi-retired and was gonna say I could afford maybe $8000 for the painting but, I guess I am just pipedreaming.

N

8,000 is more than a fair price for that painting.

Yeah, weren't they something like $2000-$4000 at the park?

N

On 2006-10-26 16:26, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Yeah, weren't they something like $2000-$4000 at the park?

Jes, they were about that.

S

Yeah-
they were cheaper at the park, but that was in the past. Shag has continued to grow in popularity and his paintings are still in demand. He continues to sell out gallery shows despite the inflation of his prices. More power to him, I wish him all the success.

We are fortunate to have obtained 4 originals when prices (which seemed high at the time) were more affordable. There is no way I could affford to buy paintings the size of ours at todays prices.

I agree $8,000.00 is a reasonable asking price based on pricing at recent gallery shows.

I'm confused. Opening bid's showing as $14,999. Did the seller change the starting bid or are y'all just mentioning what you'd be willing to pay? Love the painting, but out of my range, too.

The fact is, I really don't want to sell it. It is my most prized possession, but money is a little tight right now and my husband & I made a pact that the next cheap listing day on ebay, we would list it. The cheapest painting that was available that day was $4000, I believe the largest painting was somewhere around $7500. I had 3 people that day offer me $6000-$9000 to sell it to them right there, and I said no.

A few days after the Disneyland painting sale, someone sold the Waking Jose original for around $11,000 on ebay. I believe these paintings are much more valuable because they not only interest Shag collectors, but Disney collectors as well. I happen to be both so double score for me.

While $14,999 may seem high, it's the lowest price i would be willing to part with it for. Maybe there is someone out there who thinks that is a fair price for them, and they can afford it. Part of me is hoping that it does not sell, but that's the part that gets me into trouble in the first place :wink:

Pages: 1 8 replies