Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: Aaron's Akua is now a Tiki Central Moderator

Pages: 1 24 replies

Hi everyone, I'd like to announce our latest Tiki Central moderator: Aaron's Akua!

Since joining Tiki Central a few short years ago, Aaron's Akua has been a fantastic contributor to Tiki Central. Asking inspiring questions, giving answers where he can, and studying classic Tikis to take his passion for carving even further. But he's also PMed me many times with great ideas and suggestions to help improve Tiki Central, and it's been clear to me for a while now that he'd be the perfect fit as a moderator. When I asked him, he said yes with no hesitation. So let's give him a warm congratulations.

While we're on the subject of Moderators, I'd also like to give thanks to our current set:

• TikiWahine
  • Sabu The Coconut Boy
  • Martiki
  • Humuhumu
  • Basement Kahuna
  • Aaron's Akua

What are moderators?
Moderators are special Tiki Central members who can edit, move, and lock topics to keep things readable and organized. I've met all of them face-to-face, and they're great, worthy people who are up to the challenge. Feel free to ask them questions about the rules, or for help with topics and posts, or just to chat them up about their Tiki knowledge. They're here for you 7 days a week (8 Canadian).

Moderators can edit Topics but they have no special abilities for Member Accounts, or forum-wide settings. I am still the only one who can rest passwords, edit member accounts, create/edit new forums, and I still do all the custom programming.

P

ANOTHER CARVER!?!?!?!?!?

just kidding.

Congrats AA.
Make sure to delete everything Flounder ever posts.

J

On 2006-10-26 15:37, pablus wrote:
ANOTHER CARVER!?!?!?!?!?

Yesssss!

Congratulations. I just hope you have time to keep carving.

JohnnyP

nice one, aaron! I say start locking random posts just cause you can!

so is there a special area of TC you're moderating or just everything in general?

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Oct 26, 2006 7:19 PM

Well, here was me thinking it was just Hanford and Humuhumu keeping it all together. It's nice to see some of the Carving crew doing their part.

Congrats, Aaron!

And to think, I knew him when...!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 27, 2006 1:17 AM

On 2006-10-26 15:37, pablus wrote:
ANOTHER CARVER!?!?!?!?!?

Doesnt he have to carve to fit his category? :)

Just kiddin mate. Hope ya changes at home at going good - then you can get into carving again in a big way!

Oh, congrats on the mod thing too :)

K

Congrats, Aaron!

Carve away....

Congratulations Aaron!
Welcome Aboard

Ahoy, there!

Nice! A better Kat you will not meet. Aaron's Da man!

Hey, thanks everyone! It's great to be on the TC moderating crew now and I'm sure I can help out. Most of my work will be in the Creating Forum, but also a little here and a little there as Hanford sees fit. "Cleanup on aisle 3", that's me!

This better not affect your carving time, the lack of insperational pics has started to get to me.

congrats AA

Congrats!

Great News...Congratulations!!

K

Congratulations AA.....you are in good company along side the other well respected TC moderators.

H

Congratulations, and welcome, and thank you to Aaron's Akua! You're a fantastic choice for a moderator, and I'm so happy to have you on the team with us.

Wooooo-weee AA! Nice to see ya at such high ranks.
Put a lock on Polynesiac...just for a goof! Jus' kiddin'. :lol:

Thanks again, just glad to help out. As Hanford said, feel free to PM me with questions or requests on posting, topics, etc. - whatever I can do!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Nov 2, 2006 7:12 PM

Congrats too

edit, move, and lock topics , I would even like to see some deleted, like the cell phone ones.

B

Way to go Aarons, you were made for this role

M

Cooool AA

Congrats!

Get those damn spam posts before I do the self moderate excersises every morning

McTiki

B

Way to go Aaron, well deserved and much needed. Go Get'um

F

Good for you Aaron! Be sure and rule with an iron fist. :wink:

Cheers to all. Mahalo! :drink:

Pages: 1 24 replies