Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Who is Tikiworld.com? Ripoff! Beware!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

I ordered a hardcover BOT from Tikiworld.com on August 23rd and it was never shipped. After numerous calls where each time they readily admitted they never shipped it, and an additional email follow-up, still no book. Now nobody seems to be answering the phone there and their website indicates "We are updating our online shop".

If anyone here knows these Seattle scammers, can you kindly remind them that they have ripped off a Tikiroom member for $60.95.

And in the meantime, if you value your money, BUY NOTHING from Tikiworld.com!!!!

I ordered something form them over the summer and they messed up my order too. It took several emails and phone calls to finally get my order together. Don't give up, be persistent and it will pay off. Six weeks later i got my order with several extras thrown in including a Shag cocktail book and a free shirt.

H

I have a little light to shed on TikiWorld.com, but it's probably not of any use. I met the owner of TikiWorld.com when I lived in Seattle -- a really good friend of mine was in a band with a guy named Todd who worked for Warren Wyatt, the owner of TikiWorld.com. Todd had created the TikiWorld.com website for him. When I met Warren, he was just starting TikiWorld.com, he was excited about it because he was really into tiki stuff, but I didn't get the idea that TikiWorld.com was really going to be the focus of his attention for long (this was in 2002 or 2003). He also owns WorldSound (worldsound.com), a label or mangement company or something that focuses on Hawaiian music. Warren told me he was Don Tiki's manager, or something like that -- I don't remember specifically what he claimed, but it sounded fishy. I don't doubt that he's worked with Don Tiki on something, it just sounded like he was maybe overstating it. Warren seemed like a nice enough guy, but I didn't exactly get an "on-the-ball" vibe off of him.

K

I would have to agree regarding WorldSound.com and TikiWorld.com. I placed two orders last August and September with them and unfortunately only one order showed up but they charged me for both orders. I have made many inquries both e-mails and phone calls and I am still currently fighting with them for a refund.

Unfortunately, I waited to long to make a complaint with my credit card company (remember, only 60 days folks) and have since filed a report with the BBB of Washington.

Stay away from WorldSound.com and TikiWorld.com.

[ Edited by: Kanaloa 2007-06-20 17:10 ]

On 2006-10-27 14:28, Humuhumu wrote:
I have a little light to shed on TikiWorld.com, but it's probably not of any use. I met the owner of TikiWorld.com when I lived in Seattle -- a really good friend of mine was in a band with a guy named Todd who worked for Warren Wyatt, the owner of TikiWorld.com. Todd had created the TikiWorld.com website for him. When I met Warren, he was just starting TikiWorld.com, he was excited about it because he was really into tiki stuff, but I didn't get the idea that TikiWorld.com was really going to be the focus of his attention for long (this was in 2002 or 2003). He also owns WorldSound (worldsound.com), a label or mangement company or something that focuses on Hawaiian music. Warren told me he was Don Tiki's manager, or something like that -- I don't remember specifically what he claimed, but it sounded fishy. I don't doubt that he's worked with Don Tiki on something, it just sounded like he was maybe overstating it. Warren seemed like a nice enough guy, but I didn't exactly get an "on-the-ball" vibe off of him.

sounds more like he was flirting with you...someone needs to darken their doorway and quick!!...never mind this round and round stuff with phone calls and email.....dealing with them in person is very effective...especially when they are within punching range!!

K

I had a similar experience with these guys. It took them almost 6 months to send me my order of Martiki glasses. I starting calling everyday for a month straight leaving messages or talking to someone asking when my order was shipping.
Eventually I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau on them. I wrote them a lawyer-esque letter and demanded my money back or I would take them to court for fraud.
I finally got my glasses almost 6 months after I ordered them with repeated threats and basically making a nuisance of myself.

Stay away from Tikiworld.com they are horrible retailers and don't care about it.

Pages: 1 5 replies