Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The ULTIMATE jet-age home for sale

Pages: 1 11 replies

Check out this crazy auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26428&item=1875611330

Imagine the jet-age 50's modern possibilities!

-Mike

T

Why do the coolest homes always have such bad furnishings? Look at those hideous sofas!!!!

L
laney posted on Thu, Jan 2, 2003 8:30 AM

Oh, I love it! How horrified my farty old neighbors would be! That crock they are selling would go great with that home.
But isn't Max Powers the name Homer used in the Simpsons name change episode?

M

That is either the ultimate in white trash living, or the coolest thing I have ever seen. I can't decide.

-martin

T

If it's so cool, how come the only pics are bad Photoshop comp jobs? Doesn't anyone actually live in one yet?

On 2003-01-02 10:43, martiki6 wrote:
That is either the ultimate in white trash living, or the coolest thing I have ever seen. I can't decide.

If the interior was (over) done just right, it could be both!

I found it searching eBay for a "home bar" and they actually suggest using it as a store or bar. I can see cool retro bar in that thing, all the servers dressed like stewardesses and the bartenders like pilots. Quadrophonic hi fi system playing all the cocktail standards. Nice outdoor seating on the wings, and maybe one of those yellow inflatable emergency slides for closing time to get everyone out.

Now that I think about it, I probably COULD get the permits for that in Orlando, as this city seems to allow anything when it comes to commercial structures!

-Mike

http://www.reemco.com
As Fast As The Future!

[ Edited by: TheMuggler on 2003-01-02 19:07 ]

T

There was a bar here in San Francisco called "Carribean Zone" that had a large propeller plane inside a large room that was made to look like a jungle. It was supposed to look like the plane crashed in a tropical jungle. You could drink in the jungle area or inside the plane, which had video monitors in each window that made it seem like you were flying.

Sounds great, huh? The place SUCKED! Horrible service & customers, way-overpriced, heavily watered down tropical drinks, and the plane was about a hundred degrees inside (talk about tropical!). It had a certain cool ambience though, which is the only reason I ever went back. This was over 10 years ago and I don't think it's there any more. Story was that the plane was the actual tour plane used by the Doobie Bros. in the 70s.

DZ

There's a scene in the movie "Romancing the Stone" that takes place inside a wrecked aircraft in the rainforest of Columbia. Michael Douglas finds an old copy of Rolling Stone magazine in it and says: "Aw shit, man... the Doobie Brothers broke up!" STRANGE COINCIDENCE?!? Hmmmm...

Well, whatever... I thought of it when I read the post...

J

"Now that's what I call a campfire!"

:drink:

Somebody ought to look at that private island in Lake Superior...ooooooooooooooh....

T

I saw a show (Weird Homes I think) where a guy had a big plane like this in his yard, he was planning to move into it, but it had no furnishings as of yet...

I think it would be cool for a bar but for a house it would be claustrophobic after a while...

On 2003-01-02 19:05, TheMuggler wrote:

I can see cool retro bar in that thing, all the servers dressed like stewardesses and the bartenders like pilots. Quadrophonic hi fi system playing all the cocktail standards. Nice outdoor seating on the wings, and maybe one of those yellow inflatable emergency slides for closing time to get everyone out.

[ Edited by: TheMuggler on 2003-01-02 19:07 ]

The 727 was intorduced in 1964, the 727-200 in '68. So you could still have that cool Mod Stewardess thing and Jet Set music. Show folks how glam flying was before it was ruined by Braniff...

Pages: 1 11 replies