Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

California Tiki Treks/Parties/Gatherings

Pages: 1 13 replies

Ok, it's the first of the year...what gatherings should be put up on the board?

I first mentioned starting a trek from King's Hawaiian Restaurant and cynfulcynner asking Sabu & Doctor Z doing a Torrance Tiki Tour (see thread):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1981&forum=4

If you got the email from Tiki Farm, you'll notice that a Purple Orchid Mug is suppose to be available in February for The Purple Orchid...maybe an organized New Mug Release Party would be in order with Holden & The Purple Orchid? (see thread for info on The Purple Orchid):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1364&forum=1

In the Spring, the Enchanted Tiki Room's 40th Anniversary "Enchanted Tiki Mug" should be ready....there's another possible gathering, and with Holden's influence/cooperation with the Disneyland people, maybe we can get some kind of deal for entrance into the park, or even better, lunch/dinner at Club 33 inside Disneyland. It's the only place in Disneyland that serves alcohol. FABULOUS food (I was there today). For those not familiar with Club 33 see the link:
http://www.disneylandclub33.com/phototour.htm

Floratina mentioned going to MarVista Lanes for another bowling outing.

Hopefully, another Tiki Farm Bash will take place.

Ok, I'm done for now. Anyone else want to suggest something additional for Southern California TC'ers?

These all sound like fun to me. A South Bay tiki tour would be new to me since I live all the way out in the 909. Maybe a day tour starting out at Kings Hawaiian and ending at Purple Orchid for drinks.

On 2003-01-01 21:18, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:

In the Spring, the Enchanted Tiki Room's 40th Anniversary "Enchanted Tiki Mug" should be ready....there's another possible gathering, and with Holden's influence/cooperation with the Disneyland people, maybe we can get some kind of deal for entrance into the park, or even better, lunch/dinner at Club 33 inside Disneyland.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a trip to Club 33 include free admission to the park? It was that way when I went in 1996.

DZ

Even if we don't get in to Club 33, there's plenty of bars in Downtown Disney (the UVA Bar being my personal fave...), just a stone's throw away from the D-Land entrance!

Doc Z is that you? Where the hell have you been man?!

Drinking + Disneyland = ?

That sounds kind of weird to me. Does anyone know when Holden plans to release the Tiki Room mug? Knowing how uptight the Disney folks are, I doubt anything unique can be coordinated with Disney and Tiki Farm to launch the new mugs - outside of what we coordinate ourselves.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-01-02 11:53 ]

L
laney posted on Thu, Jan 2, 2003 11:23 AM

Drinking + Disneyland is the only way to go! It's sure the only way I can stand the rude crowds and stand way too close foreigners. I even got a cool flask (kids canteen/adult flask) from the pirate store outside the Pirates... ride. It is black leather with a white studded skull and crossbones, even has a strap. Perfect for my Jack!

My good friend Moritz R., http://moritzR.bei.t-online.de/index.html
who designed the cover of the BOT for me, actually advocates taking LSD while going to the Enchanted Tiki Room....so far I don't know of anyone who has followed his advice.
I am all for a Mar Vista Lanes bowling outing! (not that the other stuff sounds fun , too)

bigbrotiki wrote:
My good friend Moritz R...advocates taking LSD while going to the Enchanted Tiki Room...

LSD?
"Little Sips of Drinks"?"Lots of Shots of Demarara"?"Little Sipping Device"? (Laney's flask)
"Loud Sarcastic Drunks"?

DZ

Yo Popster--

Yeah it's me alright! I caught the flu right after Christmas and missed going to both Cary & MaryMargaret's pj-party AND the wine-fest at Sven's - what shitty timing! Spent the whole weekend in bed watching stuff on my new DVD (Lord of the Rings, Dogtown & Z-Boys, Monty Python & the Holy Grail - in Japanese!!) and feeling like crap. Now I'm just trying to enjoy the last few days of my vacation...
Looks like we've got a few good ideas for stuff to do that will keep us all occupied for a while. Z-Girl and I can go to D-Land anytime (so if y'all need company, just shout!) and bowling is always a blast, but unless we do a South Bay mini-crawl (including a stops at Hale Hawaii, Tony's on the Pier, Purple Orchid and, of course, The Castaway Lounge - which is now "TC ready" - for some authentic Trader Vics mai tais), I'll wait until Sabu is back in commission before doing the tour of Tiki apartments.

Then again I still have that "Disneyland Photo Scavenger Hunt" I told you about; I wonder if this would be a good time for it...

Kings Hawaiian, Hale Hawaii, Tony's on the Pier, Purple Orchid and The Castaway Lounge. Sounds like a South Bay tour is definitely in order! Maybe we can put something together? I've been wanting to check out Tony's on the Pier - I keep finding stuff in local thrifts from this place.

L
laney posted on Fri, Jan 3, 2003 1:40 PM

I would like to propose a carpool trip to the Rose Bowl Fleamarket. It can be a shopping/wrestling match. Best tiki find wins! Does anyone hit it regularly-I've only been once about 3 years ago and found a few reasonably priced tiki items. Bahooka on the trip back! Zazzzz! Are you ready to rumble!?

DZ

The Rose Bowl Flea Market and Bahooka: two (more) places I've never been to! Yeah, I'd definitely be up for it! Time to fine tune the 'tikidar' and do some shoppin'& wrasslin'! BRING IT ONNN!

The Rose Bowl Flea Market with TC? Ooooh, this could get ugly! Count me in. I think the next one is on 1/12/03.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEE!

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-01-03 14:11 ]

P

I'm always up for a trip to the Bahooka. In fact, I was there today. I went there after paying a visit to Oceanic Arts on my last non-weekend day off for the holidays. Picked up some nice puffer fish lamps and a few more tiki mugs. I haven't been to the Rose Bowl flea market, either. Sounds like it could be a fun trip.

Pages: 1 13 replies