Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tom and jerry tales: freaky tiki to air 11-4-06!!!!

Pages: 1 20 replies

Hello,
I am PROUD to announce that a brand new Tom and Jerry cartoon I wrote entitled FREAKY TIKI will air in mere days!!!! on November 4th, it appears...on the CW network across the country. This is regular network TV so look up TOM AND JERRY TALES. It will air on SATURDAY November 4th...at 8:30 am. The FREAKY TIKI is the 2nd cartoon to air in the half hour so wait for it. TIVO it if ye must!

I am VERY VERY happy how it turned out. I gave a copy of Sven's BOOK OF TIKI to Jennifer Coyle, the storyboard artist, and it shows. (Sven and a few others have had a liquor-lubricated sneak preview of the cartoon)

I am very excited to hear the reactions of you folks here....It fuses Tom and Jerry with a rather intense Tiki/angry fire goddess yarn...And I hope they do not censor one of the final shots for US TV. I shall say no more

enjoy

Charles Schneider

[email protected]

[ Edited by: charlesschneider 2006-10-30 00:11 ]

R

Got a keyword Wishlist in my TiVo for the word TIKI** and noticed this program was coming up -- yahoo!! Congrats on merging your hobby & your work - can't wait to see it! Caught the Scooby-Doo episode awhile back with this handy recording list, a lot of Rick Steves' Europe shows, etc.

**Of course... any show that Tiki Barber is on gets recorded, but that's a disk space sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Cheers,
Rupe

That's too cool! Congrats!! Have to see that for sure..

I was at the screening at Svens with others that eve... - Or one of those eves? Its fun and great work! everyone should chec it out. -

Good times!

just set my tivo. congrats charles.

Charles was one of the first people in LA that told me about and showed me Tiki ephemera, in the 1980s. We were youngens then, I was a gaffer and he a writer for music videos at Propaganda Films.
I just think to have written these cartoons is the coolest, imagine yourself as a little tyke telling your mom "When I grow up I'm gonna write Tom and Jerry cartoons!"

On 2006-10-31 22:54, bigbrotiki wrote:
Charles was one of the first people in LA that told me about and showed me Tiki ephemera, in the 1980s. We were youngens then, I was a gaffer and he a writer for music videos at Propaganda Films.
I just think to have written these cartoons is the coolest, imagine yourself as a little tyke telling your mom "When I grow up I'm gonna write Tom and Jerry cartoons!"

Do either of you guys remember working with a Caterer called Radical Enterprises? We worked with Propaganda Films on alot of videos.

I'll be tuning into CW early on Saturday!

MN

This is a bump.

TS

I saw the kids book of the same name...looks similar to Boskos mask or witco styled....

MN

Very cute.
I especially like the flaming bikini.:D

A

Missed it, any scheduled reruns?

Well done.....

It repeats here tonight

RD

Tom and Jerry is still on? Anew? Cool. And I thought I had a good eye on the cartoon world.

Missed it! Dang! TiVo tells no tale of repeats. "Tiki" is now on our keyword wishlist. Congratulations and thank you for further exposing the youngunz to tiki stuff. As a fellow "toon" maker, I have yet to successfully insert any polynesian influence. Someday.....

-Joe

U

Oh yeah, that flamin' bikini was hot! And the lava surfing was a sweet scene. I taped it (low-tech VHS) so I could watch it again with friends that don't wake up by 8:30am on Saturdays! Great job on the Freaky Tiki, Charles!

R
rupe33 posted on Sun, Nov 5, 2006 3:50 AM

Had some tikiphiles over Saturday night and all enjoyed the cartoon before moving on to our "Feature Presentation." Mahalo for this very fun addition to our evening - congratulations!!!!

~Rupe

Thanks

Your kind words make me GLOW with the warmth of fine, rare rum!

I am happy to have found my cartoon, The FREAKY TIKI, on YouTube. Go HERE to see it at last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYxF3_j_SA

If you like it, post something nice., If you don't, lie!

Kind regards,

Charles Schneider

CJ

Very nice Charles! Congrats

An instant Tiki classic! Love the Pele rendering, and the Tiki Room tribute at the end.

:lol:
That's Awsome!
i Grew up with tom+jerry!!

Pages: 1 20 replies